Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
MEMORIAL DAY
dfromspencer posted:
Hi all,

Memorial day is fast approaching! Does anyone have any super plans for the long weekend???

Me??? Naw, i will probably sit around and watch movies? Maybe wash my truck if its nice? Perhaps i will get under it, and do some checking of its suspension systems? I.D.K.???

I would have liked to go to my hometown, and put flowers on my mother's grave, and all of my grand parents, too? But that is not to be, this year! My brother, the one i usually ride over there with, has a car full already. I don't have the gas money, well, i do, but it is for a tire. I need that tire more!!! Bummer, i know, right?! I could never have afforded a trip to the Arsenal where my father is buried! Alas, and alack, tis not to be!!!

I have to hope all of you have that opportunity, if you could take it???

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
I don't usually do anything special for Memorial Day weekend other than spare a few extra minutes to remember those who gave their lives or their health to defend this country. I appreciate what they did and I like to thank veterans whenever I get a chance. As for the long weekend, I will probably be working a little overtime, possibly buying a new tire, and maybe doing a little art. Oh, and grocery shopping. Exciting, huh? Maybe I'll spare a little time to take a walk and take some pictures.

Hope everyone here has a great weekend!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

sluggo45692 responded:
Hello all,

I've had a few crazy days. Finishing up planting my plants, mowing, trimming hedges and trees, working with my scouts, and of course work. My wife has been busy at work and with her mom. We have squeezed a hour or 2 a day to see each other.

Plans for this weekend. Saturday: Pancake breakfest for Fire Dept fund raiser. Lunch: Tenderloin at another fund raiser and dinner at another fund raiser. Work Saturday night.
Sunday: Sleep a little and then Brunch with family and friends. Visit cemeteries to put flowers on wife's family graves.
Monday: American Legion Memorial Day Parade and Veterans Ceremony. Boy Scouts Color Guard behind the Legion Color Guard. Annual Legion Bean dinner with my family and my scouts.

My wife and I are big supporters of local community causes. I can't always give much, but if we can buy a $10 Tshirt or $5 meal to help we will. We try to budget about $50 a month for this. That's not including our time and money for scouts and 4H.

I have served my country since I was 18. U.S. Navy, Federal employee, factory worker, restaurant worker, and a state employee. I will continue to serve this wonderful country, even if I don't always agree with our leaders.

On this Memorial Day as every day, we all should honor the men and women who have made this country what it is today. It doesn't matter if your ancestors dug a ditch, served in war time or were a millionaire, they all made a contrabution to this nation. They all got up each morning and improved their lives and in turn improved our nation.

I'll get off my soap box and wish everyone a good Memorial Day weekend.

Good Luck

dem16 replied to sluggo45692's response:
happy memorial day, everyone. five.days to nyc. cant wait

dfromspencer replied to dem16's response:
Wow, someone is excited about an upcoming trip? Who could blame her? Certainly not me!!! Deb., if anyone deserves this trip, it is you who does!!! I so happy for you, i'm chomping at the bit, and its not even me who is going! I am so happy for you, my friend, so happy!!!

I know you will let us all know how it went, how it was, the trip, i mean? I hope you get to do a lot of things with your family! I know you will have a good time, you have been there before! I can't say i liked the city, but i went to Upper Tonawanda while there, and it was beautiful countryside! Who new New York had beautiful country??? I really enjoyed that, even tho i never found my old Lt. friend from the service?

Have a great trip, my friend!!!

D.

Now i have to go, i have to see a friend about a tire. LOL!!!
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dem16 replied to dfromspencer's response:
thanks dennis, i hope your weekend is going well. yep we are leaving at 2 on friday. saturday we will be off to coney island amusement park. i am defintly going to nathans . miss the hot dogs and fries. it is strange that how much you can miss things when you are not around it. anyway have a good weeke.d

dfromspencer replied to dem16's response:
Hi Deb,

I have heard of Nathan's, that isn't one of those shops in Jersey, is it? The shore that burned down? So unfair after all the rebuild they just went thru, just to lose it all again? Wow!!!

I know you will have a lot of fun on Coney Island!! It always looked like a very fun spot to be in, i like the looks of the roller coaster!!! If i was with a date, it would be that big Farris Wheel!!! And then, the Merry Go Round, oh yea!!!

I hope you have the time of your life!!! You said you had 5 days to visit, right? Well, you can pack a lot of fun in 5 days! Just be careful, there are a lot of Wolfs, and Sharks hanging around those parks?! Well, you lived there, you already know all of that! Sorry, well, take it as a reminder, then, ok???

Debbie, I hope you have the time of your life during those 5 days?!!! I really do!!! Take care!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem16's response:
It's great that you are looking forward to your trip -- thanks for sharing that. I hope it goes well. I assume that Nathan's holds good memories for you? -- even if only enjoying their food. I think it holds a special place in the hearts of many people from the Northeast. For me, it's the first place I worked as a teen- though the job didn't last long.

dem16 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
thanks dr phelps, there has. been so much going on in the past year, this is a good chAnge of pace.,as far nathans goes. just the idea of doing something like is fun.i lived there for 44.year

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem16's response:
I hope you enjoy!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Trust
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.