Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
where is everyone?
dfromspencer posted:
Hi all, I was going over some of the last few posts when i realized something? It has been a slow week, hasn't it?

Where are all the lovers at? Where are all the married couples? Wow, this must be a sign? Everyone must be experiencing relationship bliss?

Relationship bliss? Is there really such a thing?

That is my question, is there such a thing as RELATIONSHIP BLISS?

Come on, everyone join in here, we all would like to know what each other thinks about that? I'm sure there were some, maybe as kids, once thought they would find Relationship bliss, or at least Wedded Bliss? Right?

Well, let us hear your story?!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dem16 responded:
it is summer, everyone must be enjoying the weather.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem16's response:
Debbie: What a wonderful thought

rohvannyn responded:
I think Deb must be right about the weather! I know I'm enjoying it.

Relationship bliss? Yes there is such a thing. But it isn't forever and it isn't constant. It comes and goes, like the weather. I know I had some pretty funny ideas about being married before a marriage came and landed on me (kidding there) but I am learning that it can be really nice. Ideally, a relationship should be a partnership where both members know they are on the same side, on the same team, and can count on each other in good times and in bad. I think that's possible, I've seen it happen, and I'm working toward it.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dfromspencer replied to dem16's response:
Hi Deb, i tend to agree with both you, and Dr. Leslie on that, it is Spring (?) time, anyway?! Ahhhh yes, sit outside on these still cool nights, look at the stars, and dream of that Relationship Bliss!!!

True story!

LOL!!!
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dfromspencer replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
Hi Dr. Leslie,

Please keep those wonderful/awesome blogs coming!!!

I like them, i like all the information i can get, before i find someone to share that knowledge with?!

Thank you Dr. Leslie, for everything you do for others!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

fcl responded:
I've been really busy finishing off a big job with a tight deadline so I haven't been around much.

How would you define relationship bliss? I've been with my partner for ove 30 years, we talk a lot, we disagree sometimes, I can't remember the last time we had a fight ... and we work like a tag team - the one who sees something that needs done deals with it. And I can't imagine life without him. I appreciate every minute that he has spent with me. And YES I tell him so. He has made my life so much more than it ever could have been. I'd better stop there, I'm getting sappy
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to fcl's response:
Sounds wonderful!

dfromspencer replied to fcl's response:
Hi FCL,

I agree with Dr. Leslie! Your marriage sounds pretty durned good! You both work for the common good. How much more bliss could anyone in your situation, find? You have a wonderful sounding life, i envy you!
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

fcl replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
Thank you!
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

fcl replied to dfromspencer's response:
Thank you *blush*

sluggo45692 responded:
Hi Everyone,

I'm guilty of enjoying the sun. Haven't been on site or doing much computer stuff. Only the basics. I've got scout camp comming up next week, had be on trips with the family and generally busy with other activities. Busy hands keep folks together, because they don't nit pick. They're just to busy.

So everyone go to the zoo, the aquarium or just for a walk. Enjoy this time of year that has been blessed upon us. Seeing nature's bounty and being in the sun's warmth is a blessing to behold.

Good Luck

dfromspencer replied to sluggo45692's response:
Hi Sluggo,

I haven't been on for a short while myself. Medical reasons mostly! I have no idea as to your wonderful weather? Here, in good ole Iowa, we have been having some wonderful(?) storms, complete with tornados and wind, and hail. It has been a nasty start to this season, i wonder what's next?

Whatever the weather, i need to get back into shape, i weigh 215? I was down to 196 at the end of summer last year. Winter was a long and miserable affair!

I hope you guys have nice camping weather for your camp out?! Enjoy the weather while it is so nice!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.