Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
dr. phelps
dem16 posted:
you are the only that can do this. ask the mangement team why letter to me was pulled and then you,will understand why i feel the way i do. that comment has made afraid all over again. i was called a troublemaker on the boards so when you and the others gave me a chamce, it was like i was give a prize. it is going to be a bit before i feel comfortable. it is a miserable feeling.

dfromspencer responded:
Hi Deb,

I can't believe no one has seen this yet? Well, it was a weekend i suppose? I hope Dr. Leslie sees this right away today? I am so glad you feel we are there for you, because we all are! And, we all hope to see you happy, very soon! No more miserable feelings around here, wouldn't that be nice?

Debbie, we are ALL pulling for you! We ALL want you to beat this thing that has you tied up so tight?! We want you to be comfortable here, we ALL want you here!!! Can you feel our wish for your happiness? We ALL sure hope you do?!!!

I wish you well, my friend!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
Hi, Deb. I just heard back about this. My understanding is that someone else posted something that was not acceptable on this site. I don't know what it was, but what I can tell you is that you have done nothing wrong as far as I can see.

Please remember that anyone can post on this site -- though inappropriate comments will be removed. So, as supportive as this community can be, we cannot guarantee that all posts will be supportive or will feel supportive.

I know that getting negative feedback has been very hurtful to you, and I'm sorry that you are struggling with it. But when things like this happen, it often helps people to think about those who are supportive of them. So, rather than pulling back, you might consider reaching out to people here that you trust. If you need time before you can do that, or it is too big a reach for you, I understand. Protecting yourself while also opening yourself to the caring of others can be a difficult balance. Please, if you feel that you cannot get here the support for what's happened here, then please talk with your therapist about it.

Truly, it saddens me that you have felt so hurt, and I'm sorry that I can't make it all better for you. But, maybe, just maybe, you can respond to this experience by reaching for the support of people who have shown themselves to be caring and "on your side."

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
Deb: Any chance you've seen this?

dem17 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
thank for your help, i knew asking you to do this what
would help you and the others understand. the people here will always be a part pf me. i did read what you wrote but right now it is so hard to write anything, but i heard you

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem17's response:
I'm glad you heard me. While I'm saddened to see you go for the moment, I am glad that you are doing it in an effort to care for yourself. I hope you keep up seeing your therapist and making efforts to becoming emotionally healthier.

dem17 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
have so much to tell you so you would understand, but i just can not , i miss being here.but after what was said. it us just not okay. it makes me said

rohvannyn replied to dem17's response:
Just wanted to add something of my own, Deb... this makes me sad too. I feel upset that some anonymous user would be so cowardly as to attack one of our beloved members. I'm glad the admins deleted the bad message to you because it shouldn't have been there in the first place. I only hope you remember that you do have people, people who will post openly and honestly, who care about you and will back you up on this board.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dfromspencer replied to dem17's response:
Bye Debbie,

I am hurting already, i miss you, and i await your return to your second home. You see, everyone here wants you here? So, when you feel ready to, please come home!!!

Whoever gave you this kind of pain, needs to look at his own self! He/she need to worry more about their message, not yours, right Deb.?

Hurry back, we are missing you already!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dem17 replied to dfromspencer's response:
didnt want to put this out but this is the only way you will understand, i was banned ffrom here going back to my orig email. i did work hard and did the best. but you know part of the story, i got in to fights because i defend myself for the personal attacks after what i believed in. sometimes there were done was the way all treated . then i got the blame for starting it.. you all gave me a chance and i did my best to ;ive up to because it ment so much. i proved to everyone that i am not a troublemaker , i will not do anything to but my friends in that kind of issue, this board so special and strong,. i dont know who that was but statement was like a new that person. i cant handle anything else like that right now,. i want my therapist to put me in the hospital, he says that i am not sick enough, i have to go i said enough, i love my friends

We love you too, Debbie! We are all hurting to see you hurting, and that we are not strong enough to help you. We wish we could take away your hurt, but i guess we can't?

Do what you need to, do it for you! Don't worry about us, we will be right here pulling for you!!! We will always be here for you!!!

I hate saying this, it hurts, but i support your decision Deb, so, until you return, i guess this is bye for now? If there is any way, please let us know how you are doing, o.k.?

Bye Debbie

Your friend,

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

we may be miles apart, may never see each other, but I'm happy knowing we share the same sun in the day and the moon at night. Thank you for being my friend.

That is right, just KNOWING that we may never see each other, or be more than friends, kills me!!!

But, it sure would be nice to keep talking to you? Do you Know if there is a way to keep e-mailing? Or do you think this is it, then? I sure hope not, and so does everyone else?!

I may never know where you are, or how you are, but i want to wish you a happier, healthier YOU!!!

I guess this is goodbye, then? We/I am going to miss you!!! I am sure we all will?!!!

Bye for now, we will see you soon, you will be missed by a few, the many do not know you! Bye my dear friend!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

A true friend is someone who overlooks your broken down gate and admires the flowers in your window.

Hi Deb,

I have to admit, i admire the flowers in your window! No matter how hard they push you down, you still keep your chin up?!

Please come around every chance you get, we do like having you around!!!

Take good care of yourself! Hope to see you soon!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.