Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Happy Independence Day!
rohvannyn posted:
For all in the US, happy Independence Day.

A great day to reflect not only on the excellence of the outdoor parties you are hopefully attending, but also about what freedom means to you and what you can do to uphold it. My personal goal, since I have so little control over the mixed up crazy world around me, is to better manage my responses so I can at least decide how I am going to conduct myself. Living unconsciously is a great way to give up my freedom, after all! See? I brought that back to relationships and coping, ha ha!

I wish all my board buddies a happy, safe, powder burn-free, explosion free, barbecue filled day!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

bigred53 responded:
I wish you the same Roh and everyone else too. We also need to stop for a moment and think about how much we who are lucky enough to live in the United States take for granted.

Thanks for the great post.

Michelle

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
Wonderful post! Full of gratitude, compassion, and personal insight -- I love it!

dfromspencer responded:
Roh beat me to it! LOL!!! Same right back atcha!!! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN!!!

Unfortunately, we all take advantage of our freedoms in different ways. It is unfortunate that we forcibly removed, or totally eliminated our true/First Americans! I feel saddened by that every day! Nevertheless, we are here, and we won our hard fought war of FREEDOM!!!

I don't have a lot planned for this day, just puttering around the place. Trying hard not to feel blue, sad, or anything else but gratitude for all our forefathers have given us! Yet i feel sad by what we are leaving not only my children, but my grandchildren? What a pity!

Everything, or most of it, since the days of my youth has gone the way of the Dodo! Family is no more, both parents have to work just to keep working. Marriage is nothing but a piece of paper for a tax credit, o so it seems? Fidelity means nothing, apparently? Almost everyone cheats, or gets cheated on. I know of a few, (a few???) okay, i know of many politicians that should be very ashamed of themselves!

I, like my friend Roh, would like to wish one and all, a very safe 4th of July celebration!!!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dem17 replied to dfromspencer's response:
wanted to wish you all a happy 4th , was thinking of you all, time to go get ready for the baseball game. going to see the yankees farm team play, what i found funny is i am a mets gan

rohvannyn replied to dem17's response:
Have fun at the game, Deb!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dem17 replied to rohvannyn's response:
thanks they won

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

How to choose a therapistExpert
Choosing a therapist is an important decision because entering therapy is a big investment; it takes energy, time, and money. So, take the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.