Includes Expert Content
My friends possible suicide
randybow posted:
Hi my name is randy and I'm really worried about my friend. I think she might have commited suicide. We are both councelers at a summer camp and on July 17, a Thursday, my friend started talking about suicide. When we got home we started texting and that was around 3:30 pm. That was the last time I heard from her and it is now July 20, a Sunday. I called her house phone with no answer and then I called her parents phones with no answer. I text her a lot with no answer either. I'm worried that she might have commit suicide. She would have told me if she was going on vacation or if her phone was getting fixed or something. She also wasn't at the camp on Friday. What should I do?

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
What an awful feeling! I suggest that you try her parents again and possibly any other friends of hers that you know. You might also contact the police in her community. Good luck! I hope this all turns out to be a misunderstanding. However, if she is ok and you had good reason to think she was suicidal, it would be a good idea to strongly encourage her to reach out for professional help.

dfromspencer responded:
Hi Randy,

Welcome! I hope you get the help you seek, and that you find this community helpful, and supportive!

Like the Doctor said, i agree! This has got to be a terrifying situation for you, or anyone to be in?! If you still cannot raise her parents in anyway, do you have their address? Could you get there and at least knock on the door?

I don't know how old you, or she is, but as an adult, even the police will make you wait three days?! If i were you, i would go check out the local hangouts around her home city! Talk to people, ask about her, have they seen her, when, that sort of thing?! Do a little detective work yourself, don't wait for the police to act, act now for her sake?!

If you do these sorts of things, chances are, you will find her! I would like to wish luck! Don't worry, you will find her! Oh, one more thing, and i hate asking, but do you think she might be giving you the cold shoulder? Perhaps she doesn't want to see you, or text you anymore? Lets hope that is not the case.

I do hope you find her, and that all is well? Good Luck!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!