Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
hey i am home
dem17 posted:
just wanted say hi. was in the hospital for four days, i had a meltdown on monday had tp do something about it. i missed everyone,
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rohvannyn responded:
We missed you too. Welcome back, Deb! I hope you are feeling better.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

bigred53 replied to rohvannyn's response:
I'm glad you're back and I too hope you are feeling better.

Michelle

dfromspencer responded:
Hi Debbie,

I am so sorry to hear about this melt down! I would really like to talk to you about it, if you don't mind, of course?! I have something like that happen to me from time to time? Probably not as bad as yours tho, i wouldn't think? I am so glad you got past it!!!

Welcome home, Deb, welcome home! We have surly missed you!!! Not much has happened since last we spoke to each other? Oh, i pulled the trigger and bought a 60in. plasma t.v., i wanted the 51in. cause it would have fit perfectly in this small apartment. But, Walmart no longer wants to sell the plasma t.v.'s, everyone seems to want the led's? I don't know why? This plasma has a 600 hz. subfield that exceeds that of the led's currently available?! Oh, 600 hz describes the speed at which your pixel's change colors with the motion of whatever is playing. So, this t.v. is better for gaming, and watching movies on! Led's are just brighter back lit, which gives them a brighter color, and they are better for viewing in daylight, or bright light conditions. Confused yet? I myself, watch more movies than anything else, so this was the best choice for me.

I don't think i ever asked, or you volunteered, but what type of dwelling are you in? House, apartment, shack, shed, garage, or in a van down by the river? (o.k., everything after apartment is just for fun.) LOL!!!

Ah Deb, i am so glad you are home, again!!! I hope you can get on more often, or is that still controlled? I remember you saying you could only use the computer at certain times? Is that still the way of it? Or, can you get your own computer, laptop, or tablet? I know, i know, i ask waaaaaaaaaay too many questions!!! LOL!!! Its my curiosity, i have been saddled with this curse for ever, now! *-*

O.k., i will stop for now. I am so excited to hear you are home, i suppose that is why i got so questiony? When i get excited, i get very loquacious, sorry!!!

I want to wish you a very happy, warm, WELCOME HOME, DEBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dem17 replied to dfromspencer's response:
thanks everyone it is good to be back i am still on shajt ground, but i am better then i was. ir i did not have a enough to deal eth my liver is now an issue, nut not sure how bad yet, any way have a food weel everyone

dfromspencer replied to dem17's response:
No prob, Deb. We are all glad you are back! What is this liver thing? Yes, you do have enough to worry about without this new issue! Keep us informed on how this develops, o.k.?

Take care, Debbie! Glad to see you back!!!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

dem17 replied to dfromspencer's response:
really really on edge cant do anything right,

O.k. Debbie, slow down, take a deep breath, let it out slowly. Do this at least three times. I hope it calms you? Are you doing all of the worry for everyone else, again? Debbie, worry only about yourself, okay? All of these other guys, can take care of themselves!

I haven't heard anything back, Debbie? How is your liver thingy? What is the problem, and what is the cure/treatment? I have to hope they (doctors) can help you out?

Please keep me informed Deb, you know how i worry about you!!! I am doing just fine, so there, you don't have to worry about me, besides, i am an adult and can take care of myself.

SO CAN THE OTHERS!!! Let them worry about themselves, okay Deb? Concentrate on you, and only you, cool?

You have a great day today, hear me? Good, go have some fun!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem17's response:
Can you tell us more specifically what you are struggling with? Also, if you are still on edge now, maybe it would be helpful to reach out to your therapist.

dem17 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
on july 19 i went to to the er. they did a ct scan on my stomach, you already know about the other medical issues my liver is not working either, it is not reached the serious level yet but we will know more after the sonogram, yesterday i had my session.Ir did not go well. i was nor able to explain that i felt like s misfit , so that in it self was a problem because i ended it early ny 10 mins,which is not something i normally do , then they wanted me to see the pdoc , i walked out before hr came to get me, i could not handle it, bring in the hospital didnt jelp

Hi Debbie,

Oh no, are you still anxious, on edge? I feel for you, Deb, i really do! I wish there was a way i could help you with that?! I hope they can get your liver back to normal? What has caused this, and do the Doctors really know what they are doing with it? Have they helped with any other ailments before this liver?

I'm sorry your session with you therapist had to end so abruptly! Is there some way you could get another session, or a part thereof? Am i getting this right, you only get ten minute sessions? How many of them do you get in a day, or week, or even a month? I would have thought they would have to be an hour in length to get into everything? Or even into just one thing? Alas, they have only a few minutes to spare for the people who need their care.

I hope you are enjoying the weekend! Have you watched any of the Saturday movies, or plan on any Sunday ones? I was at the parade yesterday in my brothers town, and then the old mountain men part of the shebang. Had a wonderful time! Then, like all good things must come to an end, i had to come home to feed Bubba. I watched a few programs on t.v., and then went mercifully to bed. I slept from 11pm. last night, to 8:30pm. this morning. Wow, did i ever need a good nights sleep?!

Well Deb my friend, it is time to go, my finners are killin me! LOL!!! Please stay safe the rest of this weekend, and i will see you on Monday, i hope so, anyway?!

Take care my friend!

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem17's response:
I'm sorry that your session was so hard for you. Many people who struggle with sharing their struggles find it helpful to write out their thoughts and to share that (kind of like you do here). However you do it, it sounds like it would be a very good idea to reach out to your therapist again.

dem17 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
Always have treated people the way I wanted to be treated but people always tThe worst feeling is when someone makes you feel special then suddenly leaves you hanging and you have to act like you don't care at all.reat mNo, I get it. When you feel bad, I have to listen and care. But when I feel bad, you can ignore me. Makes perfect sense.e so wrong so from now on I will treat you like you treat me

rohvannyn replied to dem17's response:
You make a good point there, Deb. I've been through that a lot too. I wish more people were supportive of you because everyone needs support, everyone deserves support, and everyone deserves respect. You can always come here if you need to vent. You are welcome here.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Hi Debbie,

Sorry i wasn't here yesterday, i was at the V.A. hospital in Sioux Falls South Dakota almost all day. And when i got home, i was too tired to even log in to my computer. I went up there for the main topic of having a hard time breathing sometimes. Once it felt like an invisible hand had reached inside of me, and gripped my heart so it was hard to breathe, and i had really felt doomed that time! I really thought i was a gonner! I've had a few other episodes of hard breathing and even some pain down my left arm. I had what they call an E.F.T., or I think its Effective Flow Test? It measures your lungs ability to intake, and expel air? I had a blood test taken, and then i went for a chest x-ray. The one thing that took the longest was, waiting on my travel pay.

When i was done with my tests and x-ray I went down to the travel agent. There was a sign in the window exclaiming the agent would be back in 15 minutes. O.K., fine. I asked the guy ahead of me how long the guy had been gone? He didn't know? So, i went down the line to the first one in line and asked him? He didn't know either? So, none of us had any idea as to how long ago he had left? Well, a half hour later, he opened the window. Everyone up front said "that was the longest 15 minutes they had ever seen! And the agent only smiled and said next? Really? LOL!!!

So, i waited my turn in line, and by the time i got there, the line was all the way back where i had started. Wow, this guy is the speed champion, i swear! LOL!!! So, i got my approval and went back up the way i had come, and guess what? Yep, the lady working the window today was the speed champion from last year! LOL!!! So, i waited in that line for at least an hour before getting my money. Yippee! I had to get up early so i had time to wake up, and then get ready to go. I woke up at 3am. and decided not to go back to sleep for a half hour, so i just went out to the kitchen to make the coffee?! After having some coffee i took my shower, then shaved, and made up my pill allocations for the day, and fed Bubba on my way out the door.

It takes about three hours to drive up there, then add in all the time i was there, and then the 3 hour ride back? I was exhausted, i can tell you!!! All of that, and i only get gas money? I kid, of course! I have had nothing but great experiences since i have started going to the V.A. hospitals and clinics!!! Everyone is so helpful, and they make sure you get in as fast as possible, and all of them, are KIND! And NICE to everyone! I am always asked if i am o.k.? If i have to wait long, they offer me something, or take me to a waiting room with a t.v., i have had nothing but good, no, great EXPERIENCES!!! The one thing i could complain about but chose not to, would be the travel office? But even that is kind of fun, everyone gets to either teasing someone, or just having good conversations? I just cannot complain about something i have had nothing but good experiences from! I know there are lots of guys and gals that have served this awesome country of ours, and they need help too, so how can i complain about anything? I can't, not even when they do?!

I know what you mean about one sided care, or being left hanging, i have had both, a bunch of times! It is these things that make us stronger! Life is full of hard knocks, it is how you chose to deal with it, that makes the difference! I dealt very badly in my beginning, and i suffered hell for it! Now, i chose to keep my chin up, and take that hard knock right on the button, get back up, dust myself off, then do something about it! If i have to punch back, i will! If i have to take it, i will! Either way, i chose to be strong! I know this, deep inside of you is a lion, all you have to do is chose to use it wisely, then nothing anyone says or does, can hurt you!!! Oh, sure, you will still get the knocks, but allow yourself to feel, then chose to deal! I have made that choice, right here on Web.M.D. thanks to Dr. Leslie!!! Sorry!
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Becker-Phelps and her blogs.
Hi all, This morning, well, just a few minutes ago, I opened my e-mail account and there was another blog from Dr. Leslie on Loneliness. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.