Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
i am quiting theraoht
dem17 posted:
it does not work and he is starting to show his true colors , i dont trust him, i dont trust ANYONE

dem17 responded:
sorry about the mispelling

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem17's response:
Debbie: I don't know what happened, but it is common for people to get upset with their therapist. So many difficult emotions and situations are dealt with in treatment that difficult feelings get caught up in how people feel toward their therapist. When this happens, it is often helpful to think about the history of therapy and whether the therapist has shown himself to be caring and to work with you. If the answer is yes, then it is usually well worth it to talk with the therapist about the current issue with him -- to see if it can be worked through. This is especially important when the reason for seeking treatment is connected with difficulty in relationships. It is an opportunity to work through a problem with someone and hopefully feel stronger for having done this.

Please think about this.

dem17 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
I wanted to but i cant , i went to the Dr and the good news is one operation i dont need for now, the other one wait much, my mood is really bad, i have really sad and snappy and u dont know why. this goes to an article you wrote about letting people in, thank you for all your help

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to dem17's response:
I'm glad to hear that you don't need the one operation. But I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling so much emotionally. I hear that for some reason, you feel that you cannot reach back out to your therapist, but please keep the idea in mind so that you might do so in the future -- or, barring that, I hope you find professional assistance elsewhere.

dfromspencer replied to dem17's response:
Hiya Deb,

I have been a little busy of late, helping my brother out. Sorry i haven't been here for you! I am also very glad you don't need surgery! But, I, like Dr. Leslie, think you should keep him in mind, just in case you decide to still see him, or not? I have to agree, it was probably a misunderstanding over something???

Why yes, Debbie, i agree with you on that topic from Dr. Leslie on letting people in. It sure has given me some ideas! I am also hoping this might get you back into the therapy with, if not this Dr., then another one?! Or another one after that? Just as long as you find the right one for you?! If it isn't a good fit between you both, well, the therapy will be lacking the very thing it needs to rely on, TRUST! Right? So, if you just cannot stand this guy, try another, and another etc, etc.! This therapy is for YOU, if it isn't working for you, then keep on looking, you will find one!!!

So, what else have you been up to, lately? I have been helping my brother move some things out of his house, and garage, and put them in his storage shed. Then, we cut up a bunch of wood to make a workbench in the garage. We also had to replace his upstairs a/c unit, it kept blowing the fuse. We also did some pruning of bushed and trees around the house. He worked me pretty hard, he sure did! At least it looks nicer around, and inside of the house and garage, now. That is a big plus! I woke up this morning in an agony of soreness, and flaring arthritis in most joints, and back! Wheew, i sure worked off some calories this last weekend! LOL!!!

O.k., now i am off to do some laundry, and yes, even work out a little?! (I am abusing my poor old body some more) LOL!!!

Please take good care of yourself, Debbie, i hope to hear somethings from you about what has been happening with my friend Deb? Soon?

Bye for now,

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hi Deb, sorry you are having so much trouble with therapy. You know what you need and you know how to ask for it. Perhaps a different therapist would be a better fit? I wanted to offer my support (sorry for being late) and let you know I care about you.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dem17 replied to rohvannyn's response:
just wanted to thank you all. it means a lot,

dfromspencer replied to dem17's response:
You don't have to thank us Deb, that's what friends do! How are things going for you? I hope you are well?

Remember now, you can come here and talk to us any time! We all care about you, very much, and we want you to be happy!!!

Take care, i hope we get to hear more from you, real soon?!

Your friend,

D.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Becker-Phelps and her blogs.
Hi all, This morning, well, just a few minutes ago, I opened my e-mail account and there was another blog from Dr. Leslie on Loneliness. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.