Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Natural Hormone Replacement
Retiredin2000 posted:
I am not sure where best to post this, but here goes.

My wife and I are in our middle & upper 60s (me upper). We are very active and have a happy and loving marriage, and a great sex life. We both believe sex is important to a good marriage.

A couple of years ago the aches & pains, as well as injuries, really started to bother us. Sex was still great, but the intensity seemed less, and my wife complained that she didn't initiate as much as she had in the past. I have an enlarged prostate and take Avodart to control the growth. It works well except I am one of the "few" who has ED side effects. Our primary care doctor said this is all "normal for people our age." I also asked my MD to test my testosterone levels, and they were low (190), but OK for someone my age.

Then my wife saw a program with Suzanne Somers talking about natural hormone replacement. She read Somers' books and decided to give natural hormone replacement a try. Of course our primary care MD would have nothing to do with it, so my wife found another MD who specialized in this area. She had almost immediate improvement with the treatment, aches & pains gone, increased energy and her libido improved. Her orgasms increased to where she has an orgasm just about every time we make love.

She asked me to look into it and I met with the doctor. Men are simple, it is all about testosterone. As you age, your "T" goes down and everything else goes down with it. They gave me "T" pellet inserts to get my "T" levels back up to where they were when I was in my 20s. The effect was quick, aches & pains lessened, more energy, and I became one horny lover. Nighttime erections came back, as well as some daytime ones too! We both love it. We both lubricate well, so nothing extra needed. It is fantastic what high libido does to a marriage. With the extra energy we both lost a few unneeded pounds too. It has been over 2 years since we started this program and it is great. We make love 2 — 3+ times a week at home, and once or twice a day when we are on vacations.

Of course insurance does not cover this, but it has been worth the cost. I would highly recommend this to older couples who want to feel young again. Keep your primary MD informed so he/she can monitor all your vital statistics.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
Thanks for sharing this. The topic of natural hormone replacement is outside my area of expertise, but I'm glad it has worked for you-- and your post might prompt others to check it out, too. I wish you well and continued health and sexual health!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Same thing here
My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.