Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Dating 4 days and he already wants to marry me
crohn_girl posted:
So, I just started dating Ben 4 days ago and he already told me he wants to marry me and that Im the one for him. I mean, I believe he's the one for me. We started out as friends 4 years ago when he was 17 and I was 16 (hes a year older than me.) We met in high school he was in my grade. He got held back a year but hes pretty bright. He gets A's in high school he got a 4.0 gpa. I got a 3.0. Now he plans on going to college and I am in my junior year of college. He wanted to focus on work first. We share a lot of common interests. I am in the hospital right now recovering from surgery. Ben has not left my side. I have been here since yesterday morning. He slept beside me last night. I am blessed with a great guy in my life. He paid for our date Tuesday night. We are gonna go out again next week (I will be out of the hospital before then.) He's taking me to the cheesecake factory and the mall (hes a guy who likes to shop. hes a fashion guy always wearing nice polo shirts or band t's.) He said he would buy me jewelry or something at the mall. And he's taking me bowling as well and maybe to a movie. It's an all day date. Tuesday we went to the Macaroni Grill and went to see Contagion which was an ah-mazing movie. So, my question is even though it's been just 4 days should I marry him?

Take the Poll

Should I marry him after only dating a short amount of time? I know hes my soul mate.
  • YES
  • NO
  • Maybe
  • Unsure
  • It's up to you
vote
View Poll Results

ImMe26 responded:
WOW.

alaska_mommy responded:
I know sometimes it does work out to marry someone so soon after meeting them, in fact my mom married my stepdad 2 weeks after they met in person (they met on an online dating site 2 months prior to that).
I'd say though that if it's meant to be then waiting just a little longer won't hurt one bit.

cjh1203 responded:
Again, I don't know why you're asking. Since you called him your fiance in the other thread, you've apparently already made up your mind.

naggingwife74 responded:
My opinion, no you shouldn't marry him after 4 days of dating. You may have known him for 4 years but knowing someone and being married to them are very different. You had a baby 3 days ago so you couldn't have done much dating in the last 4 days.

He very well may be your soul mate. So if he is, why the rush to marry? You found each other, you are together now, why not get to know each other on a personal level before jumping into marriage?

And, I hate to bring it up but you owe it to your kids to give them time to get to know and develop a relationship with this man you are bringing into their lives. You just broke up with someone that they had a relationship with and now you are forcing another man on them. You may be ready but your poor babies might need a little breathing room. That is the first thing you should be thinking about. Especially since they have gone through your breakup, a new baby and now a new man. That alone should answer your question.

stephs_3_kidz responded:
I thought you were in the hospital after having a baby? Not surgery? And that you'd been there since Monday?

And where's the baby? Which fiance is watching the kids at home? Is there more than one?

lobermann replied to Anon_234655's response:
Am I moving to fast is one of the other threads on here and then there are some on the Pregancy Third Trimester board.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.