Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Who's Wearing The Pants?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Who is the more dominate figure in your house? Do you tend to make the decisions and be more of the deciding vote? Do you share responsibilities or does one of you tend to do more than the other?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

3point14 responded:
hehehe Everyone I know would assume it was me, but actually behind-the-scenes, my boyfriend makes like 90% of the decisions. It's not that I can't and it's not that I'm scared to or anything like that. I just trust him to. He always has our best interests at heart and he always looks out for me and if there's something I feel strongly enough I definitely make my opinion known, but he generally has last say and that's definitely how we both like it

In terms of responsibilities, we're perfectly even (for the most part) and re-evaluate a lot. We've lived together now for two years, so we've worked out a ton of the day-to-day issues that can arise. We're also both only children so we're both pretty used to having chores and whatnot so we pretty much split them up by what we like to do.

fcl responded:
We don't have a dominant figure - important things get talked over until we reach a decision or, occasionally, a compromise. We're very much a partnership on all levels (and a tag team on many of those ).
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

stephs_3_kidz responded:
I would say my husband is probably more of a decision maker because he is more of a go-getter than I am. He always, always asks my opinions and would never make a major decision that he felt I wasn't comfortable with. I feel like I'm able to trust his decisions and he is comfortable trusting me as well.

I wouldn't say either of us has more responsibilities re:our family than the other. He works outside the home, we raise our 4 children together, I do the housework, he does help with dishes, cooking, laundry, he will vacuum if the floors need it. At the same time we both do yardwork/household projects. I would have to say we balance each other in many ways.

Religiously speaking, my husband does "wear the pants" in the family, he is the spiritual leader of our household and is responsible for protecting and leading us as a family. But he never makes me feel inferior.

He always lets me pick where we eat, though. LOL You gotta love the man for that.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.