Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Hookin' up after work?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Have you ever had a relationship with a co-worker? Does your company have a policy against that, and you still had a relationship anyway?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

ajohnson08099 responded:
I did and we are now married. Was there a specific policy against it. I am not really sure. It wasn't really condoned... But I don't think there was anything specific saying don't do it.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to ajohnson08099's response:
Ahhh I love happy endings like that. That's great, I think the work place is a great opportunity to meet others. In your case it worked out great! Thanks for sharing!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

darlyn05 responded:
I think any place of my employment did not condone romantic relationships between co-workers. If nothing was spelled out in the policy and procedure it was definately one of the unwritten rules.

johndem1x replied to darlyn05's response:
I also do not condone a romantic relationship between
co-workers. It is mostly not a good thing because this is like being in a non realistic fake world that makes you do and say things you would not outside the work place. What I am trying to say is take it out of the work place and be professional while at work, you will look and feel better for it to your boss and other coworkers. Another thing that happens is you get yourself into deep _hit if you are married or have a relationship going on already outside of the workplace. Somehow we don't think we are brain dead about the other party in are life And I am glad for ajohnson08099 this is one of the rare events a time it worked out, in most cases it leaves a bad environment when it dose not work and you still must go to work and face it good or bad result. I don't recommend it. It can brake up someones marriage or relationship that you think they will never find out. The reason I say this is it happened to both my wife and myself and almost ended it ,but if we did not realize that we had both made mistakes I would not be making my 29 year anniversary that just pasted in march. It is just not worth losing who you really want the relationship with and that is what needs to go through you head before you make your move. Good luck?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
When I worked fast food, I had a few relationships with co-workers but I don't think there was a policy. I guess you could say DH and I met at work as we met at a hockey arena where I was the scorekeeper and he was one of the referees. The owner knew we were dating and didn't care. We continued to work together even after we were married.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Same thing here
My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.