Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Do you say it with flowers? Gifts?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
How do you celebrate your SO's Birthday? Is that day a big deal to him or her? Have you ever forgotten a loved one's birthday or anniversary?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

dfromspencer responded:
Usually, i just give her a big hug and kiss, then tell her she means everything to me. Then i make the coffee, and serve her breakfast in bed.

When she asks what all this is for? I tell her, "Its all about the love" you give me on a daily basis.

I have never forgotten a birthday, or anniversary. I keep this little cheat card in my wallet. I look at it once a day, every day! Never leave home without it, you may regret it! It has all the special, and even not so special dates.

One time i surprised her with a first time you cooked me a meal, dinner. I was a star, that night. I even made one up, the night the light made your hair look red.

She claimed to love me more right then, than all the time we were together. Why did she leave me? Did i over do it?

This should be a great thread, Chris! Thanks for this one. I am surprised there aren't any more responders?

darlyn05 responded:
Now that all the children are grown the emphasis has lightened up some. Or should I say toned down. We still have the morning "Happy Birthday" greeting with the kisses and hugs. Cards are given, I plan a special dinner and if possible something special to do or place to go. Can't forget the anniversary because it's on my birthday.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to darlyn05's response:
Ah good idea Darlyn, Anniversary/Birthday combo! The same at my house, things have definitely toned down and I like that. Besides god knows I buy for myself all year round, now that the kids are pretty much grown.
Thank you for sharing.
By the way my birthday was yesterday, hubby was away on a golf outing, it was a quiet, really nice birthday. A mini vacation for me as well.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to dfromspencer's response:
DfromSpencer, she left? I'm so sorry. Gosh you never know where life is going to take us on a daily basis. I'm sorry hon, I'm sorry you were hurt. Things change for all, good and bad. Have you moved on, sharing your life with someone else?
(((hugs)))
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

tlkittycat1968 responded:
We usually do dinner out if grandma can watch the kids. We also get each other cards.

I don't usually forget birthdays or anniversaries since I have them on my calendar but my mom did once. I called my parents a few years ago to wish them happy anniversary and apologized because I was a day late. My mom asked "Our annivesary was yesterday?" and called to my dad "Hey (name), our anniversary was yesterday." She said she knew it was coming up but forgot.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

How to choose a therapistExpert
Choosing a therapist is an important decision because entering therapy is a big investment; it takes energy, time, and money. So, take the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.