Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
What was your partner's day like?
Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD posted:
Sharing experiences and frustrations at the end of the day helps couples relieve stress and feel closer. Sometimes it backfires because of poor timing or a partner offering unsolicited (and unwanted) advice. Also, sometimes partners don't appreciate the value of just listening; they don't appreciate how this seemingly simple activity sends a message of love and support.

What have your experiences been in regrouping at the end of each day? Has it fostered closeness and offered stress relief? Or, has it caused extra tension?

For more information on Relationships visit Dr. Becker-Phelps blog at The Art of Relationships .

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I always ask DH how his day went and he'll ask how my day went. Even if he wasn't working and was home with the kids, I'll ask how his day went.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Do you find it helpful? And, if there have been times when you've gotten out of the habit of doing it, have you found that something is really missing?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Same thing here
My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.