Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
That Bothers Me!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hate to bring this up, but I'm going to.

What does your SO do that just drives you nuts? A bad habit? Or just something that you really can't stand when he/she does this?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Kloudnine responded:
Well, you tend to get used to the little things that quote on quote "bother" you about your significant other, and learn to respect your differences...after all, you need to be good at compromising right?...One thing that does drive me absolutely crazy, and it's not just what a significant other does, it's all people, is when people chew with their mouths open, and smack their food, or better yet, when they are chewing gum and smacking!!! I think it is absolutely disgusting and the sound of it drives me insane! There is nothing more disgusting and it makes me cringe...just even thinking about it does!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
There are a few things DH does that drive me nuts:

1. Leaves his empty sweetener packets on the counter when the garbage is literally right behind him.

2. Changes the words to songs I like when he knows the words just fine.

3. Leaves his coffee mugs in the truck so when I go to collect them, I'll find 5-6 of them on the floor of his truck.

Anon_4858 responded:
My DH leaves the lights on throughout the house. I'll get up in the morning and the lights are on in the kitchen, bathroom, living room, basement, and laundry room.

He also leaves leftovers in the fridge for days. I'll ask him if I can throw it away and he'll say "no, I'm going to eat it" then 2 weeks later I'm throwing away rotting food.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to Anon_4858's response:
Ok I hate to say this, but this is all so relatable! And KittyCat I LOL when I read that about the singing. Too funny. Would drive me nuts too.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

dfromspencer responded:
Ok, Chris, you asked. I hate it when my SO wears makeup. Why would anyone want to change the natural beauty of their face? I absolutely love it first thing in the morning, when she wakes up, sans makeup, hair all touselled. There is nothing more sexy, than an all natural woman!!! Dennis

loove23 responded:
what drives me crazy is when i am speaking to my DH and he acts as if he does not hear me, i hate been ignored, why woulod anyone do that......and when he gets angry because i get upset when he does it.......

tbkittycat replied to loove23's response:
I hate that too. I also hate when I ask DH a questions when I'm not looking at him and he'll nod or shake his head. Of couse, since I'm not looking at him, I don't see it so I ask the question again and he'll say "I nodded" and I'll remind him I can't see that if I'm not looking at him.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to dfromspencer's response:
Dennis I love that answer! I'm not sure I could fit that bill, being pretty without make up, but I love that you love that first morning look on your SO!!!
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

dfromspencer replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi, Chris

Its true! I honestly love the way a woman looks first thing in the morning. I believe that that is the moment they look their best. I have watched women when they sleep, they look absolutely beautiful without makeup!

Why that stuff was ever invented, i will never know? Women are the most beautiful artwork on this planet! Touch ups not required! I dont want to kiss lipstick, i want to kiss those soft, sweet lips! Have you ever tasted lipstick? Ok. So that was a dumb question. I know you have seen the pasty crinkles of pancake makeup. Eww! No thanks!

Chris, all i can say is, you look very beautiful to me. Even tho your picture is so small. I can see very clearly, you need NO makeup! I think it is very unfortunate that women feel the need to paint their faces. I blame this on movie stars, and t.v. personallities, and magazine adds.

Every woman is beautiful in their own right. If only they could see that.

Thank you for replying. Take care, Dennis

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.