Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
How's My Driving?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
How's your driving? Does your other half get nervous with you driving, do they always insist on doing all the driving and are you comfortable with that? I swear my husbands foot goes through the floor when I drive. OK so I'm a little speedy, relax!

He usually always drives and I'm in the seat next to him thinking how I'd do things differently if I were driving. I say nothing. Over the past year he has been very sick, so much better now, but in the past I was doing a lot of the driving and it was making us both nuts. How about you?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

rohvannyn responded:
Ah, driving. My (least) favorite subject! We are better than we were but my spouse is an accomplished driver with years of experience doing both truck driving and she has even been to limousine school. She can make a car do anything. However at the moment she can't drive!

I, on the other hand, started driving rather late in life and have nine years experience in light trucks and cars, as well as some fear issues because I am a bit naturally timid. I'm not a bad driver but I have a bad habit of occasionally doing stupid things when I am stressed or overloaded. She's getting better at not constantly giving me suggestions, but things still slip out and I am oversensitive to it. I guess I should remember that she is only meaning to be helpful... it's tough sometimes though.

tbkittycat responded:
DH is an agressive and impatient driver and it drives me crazy. I've already told him he's not teaching our kids to drive. The other day he almost rear-ended someone and got mad at them rather than admit he wasn't paying close enough attention.

3point14 responded:
We've never really discussed this, nor have I ever found it an issue with anyone else. M's an EMT and part of that means driving an ambulance, so I trust him to drive adeptly. He's never said anything to me, and I know I'm a terrible driver! He's just a tactful guy and wouldn't complain while I was driving and he wasn't.

My feeling is, if they're legally allowed to drive, they're a fine driver. If it's not the way I'd do it, I'd just offer to drive next time. If it's something where I really feel like I'm in danger I would definitely bring it up, but I guess I'm just fortunate where I've never been too too afraid!

An_240414 replied to 3point14's response:
My H constanly criticizes my driving! I have never said a word while he is even when he is careless or whatever. I have never been in an accident and have been doing perfectly fine for 30 years on my own! like I need his criticism now.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.