Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Numb left hand (2 smallest fingers)
numbhand posted:
I'm 27 years old above average when it comes to keeping fit no previous medical history. I've been getting numb and tingling feelings in my left hand but mainly the 2 smaller fingers there is a slight bit of pain in the wrist from time to time. Its the numb and tingling has only been going on for a few weeks but leading up to this I was waking up with a numb hand from sleeping with it under my pillow. I would sleep this way most nights leading up to the later feeling of numb and tingling fingers.

This has only been going on in total including the sleeping for about 4 months. In that time I have been going to the gym a fair bit and started to lift a more than normal amount of weight for myself. Any feedback would be great.

Aqua14 responded:
First of all, you're on the wrong board. Second, please consult your physician. It sounds like it may be some type of nerve impingement -- could be in your elbow or neck. When I had ulnar neuritis (compression of nerve in the elbow) which caused tingling fingers, my doctor put me on an anti-inflammatory medication, which was a simple fix. But get it checked out to ensure it doesn't get worse. Take care & good luck. Judy

Anon_179659 responded:
I agree with go see a doctor its been going on too long not to. It might be what the other responder said or it sounds like what was happening to me when my carple tunnel (sp?). Either way you should get it looked at.

dfromspencer responded:
I had carpel tunnel in both hands. That is what it sounds like to me? I don't know what type of work you do, but if its repetitive, you may have it? I have no idea what in the gym could be causing this? If anything.

This has gone on long enough, you should go see your Dr.! I hope this helps, Dennis

P.S. You are on the wrong board for this type of question. Check out the Pain mgmt. community.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to dfromspencer's response:
Hi and welcome,

I have to agree with the others, please seek a diagnosis from your doc.
And as DFromSpencer suggested you are welcome to ask your question and get support from our Pain Management Community as well.
I hope you feel better soon!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.