Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Boyfriend
An_246994 posted:
I will try to keep this short. So please bear with me. I have been in a 4 year relationship with my ex husbands best friend. I knew alot about his past and he knew mine. It started off bad to begin with. The night I got my first apartment I was suppose to pick him up but when I got there he had already had some other girl pick him up because I was late. I know we weren't officially together but it still made me upset. We have trust problems and he doesn't understand why except that he thinks I am holding the past on him. After work he would go some where else and not let me know his plans or answer or reply to my text. He still talks to his ex girlfriends or girls he use to sleep with. His ex girlfriend before me came looking for him last year and he made a comment on her facebook telling her how beautiful she is. She has since gone to his dads looking for him. Early this year, I was looking on her facebook and noticed she had received a Valentines present that was identical to what I received. He had left to go get me a present and didn't get home until a couple hours later. He didn't or couldn't provide me the receipt or have anything to back up his story. He thinks I am too insecure. He has called me a whole bunch of names and still has naked pictures of his ex girlfriends. He did admit to seeing her one time when we were seperated but didn't tell me he had picked up the pictures of her to go show her. He still had them 5 months later in his backpack. I was not looking on purpose either. Now he is talking to a friend he use to sleep with but swears nothing is going on. I was looking through his work phone and noticed he received a text from someone asking if he had received a picture. I got curious and called and a girl answered. It was about 1 am and she called back because I didn't say anything. I answered and she hung up and wouldn't answer the next time I called. He says that it was a picture of her baby but he had erased it. Keep in mind that this is his work cell phone and had only had the phone for about a month since he had just starting working there. My problem is I don't think it is appropriate to talk to anyone you have slept with and certainly not keep their naked pictures. My other problem is that he gets mad at me and says he doesn't have time to call or text me while he is working but he talks to other girls while he is working. It's even worse that another girl has his work number. Am I wrong for being mad at him? He thinks I am mean and crazy and he has told this to his ex girlfriend and the girl he use to sleep with.

Please help,

elle0317 responded:
If there is no trust, there is no relationship. It's sound like it's time to move on from this guy. What is keeping you with guy who calls you names and keeps pictures of naked ex's? Sounds like you could benefit from some time alone and work on you.

An_246339 responded:
I agree with Elle..why are you wasting your time with someone like this?! Seems to me like any excuse will work, and he knows that you will put up with it, so he's probably thinking why not have his cake and eat it too? Facebook is nothing but trouble in my opinion.. when it comes to relationships anyways..regardless if you have trust or not, and everyone has their opinions about it.

I think you should really evaluate the situation, and honestly, this guy sounds like nothing but bad news, and I think you need to move on to bigger and better things. You need to take some time like Elle said and focus on you. Hope all works out for the best! Take care!

dfromspencer responded:
This guy has no respect for you. You have no trust of him, and he has given you no reason to trust him. Having pictures of girlfriends past, is inappropriate. Talking to these other women, while not wrong in itself, it is causing you to distrust him further. This guy is wrong for you!

I think you should distance yourself from this guy, he sounds like nothing but heartache for you? You deserve someone who puts all of his efforts into the relationship with you, not his ex's!

Best of luck to you, Dennis

3point14 responded:
What's keeping you there?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.