Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Is she leaving me?
An_247122 posted:
we got married 5 months ago and everything has been wonderful until a couple of weeks ago. She is in school so I work full time.she has changed and I felt something was wrong but she claims everything is fine.. It all started when she asked for money to buy something which could wait because it was not something of a great need. I asked her to wait till the weekend when I get paid because i didnt want to take money from our savings.We have plans to do a lot of things and all involves money. she likes buying things on impulse and I do too but I realize if that habit doesnt STOP, we'll go no where with our plans.When I asked her, she told me she feels cloudy and also feels like she is drifting away from me. I then asked her if she still loves me and she claims yes. I dont really understand the sudden change and its really taking a toll on me.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
I'm sorry for what you are going through - and so soon in your marriage! I can feel how upsetting this must be. I hope you can get to the bottom of what's going on - and/or find a way to turn it around.

What does she mean when she says she "feels like she is drifting away" from you? If she hasn't explained this more, it would be helpful to ask her about it.

Also, have you told her what you are feeling? - how her behavior is "taking a toll" on you? What does she say about this? Also, have you told her your sense that this distance may be related to the money issue? - her response?

dfromspencer responded:
I hate to bring this up, but she is in school, therefore she is around alot of guys. Do you think she is capable of cheating on you? Being cloudy, to me, means being confused. Could she be confused about her feeling towards you?

I hope none of this is true, good luck, Dennis

tmlmtlrl responded:
It sounds to me like she's throwing a fit because she didn't get what she wanted.

Was this the first time you've put your foot down like this? Maybe she's rethinking being an adult and being married after being faced with a reality she didn't like.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

How to choose a therapistExpert
Choosing a therapist is an important decision because entering therapy is a big investment; it takes energy, time, and money. So, take the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.