Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Has Your Ex Found You on FB Yet?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
This topics comes to me because recently an ex-boyfriend of mine found me on a social media site. We kinda picked up where we left off, as friends.

I'm married, and he is no threat, as my husband knows this.

Has an ex or any past relationship been in touch from a social media site that has lead you back to being friends again?

I have connected to so many high school friends that I had lost touch with over the years. I just love it!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

gd9900 responded:
Over the past few years I have found social media a great way to keep in contact with people who I've lost touch with. There were a few former BF's who touched base. I didn't think much about it because I was married and knew I wasn't looking for anything outside of my marriage - all is good!

Interestingly enough, my (now) ex never has been a fan of computers or social media. His thing became texting in the final years of our marriage - whole other story. Anyway, he moved out two years ago saying he wanted a divorce but it was well over a year before he filed. We had been in somewhat close touch and physically intimate a few times except for the last 3 months before he decided to file...at which time he went completely off the radar. I had to call and leave messages for him at his sisters house and half the time didn't get a call back.

All of a sudden this past January he pops up on the radar...ready to file and wanting it over and done with. In his mind it was simply, you can have the house and I'll take my business and business assets - over and done with. At the time I thought whoa...something doesn't add up. Six months later we finalized our divorce (just three months ago now) FF to last week when my nephew was home on leave - I asked him if he has seen his uncle and he replied not yet, he's too busy with his new GF "B"...except right away I knew he said the wrong "B" name and suddenly everything fell into place. He was dating our friends younger sister...she is 18 years younger than me, 10 years younger than him. So, thought I would check her FB page the next day as we WERE friends...she defriended me. I went to her page and saw a few messages that said Congrats B & J (my ex), we can't wait to meet C!! Then I remembered about a month ago on ex's cousins page there were pictures of him (cousin) holding a newborn...I wondered then who had the baby. There was a tag on the picture that said welcome CMD...so ex is a daddy now and I found out through social media! What fun that has been to deal with.

tmlmtlrl replied to gd9900's response:
Whoa, that's what happened?? I've wondered about you but I haven't asked because you were so unwavering about your situation and I could tell it was very tough for you. I'm very sorry this is what happened. I hope you feel comfortable to move forward in your life now and live for YOU and your happiness. Take care.

As for the OP, I don't care to connect with people from my past. I've kept in contact with people I care about. I've looked at people's pages to see where/what they're doing, but there's no reason for them to be a part of my life now. My fb is more intimate (family and closer friends). I don't need Joe Blow from high school knowing what I'm doing today or looking at my vacation pictures. And definitely no ex's!

gd9900 replied to tmlmtlrl's response:
Hi tmlmtlrl! Yoga woman

Yup, that is exactly what happened. Amazing how you can run but you can't hide...he is such a coward living in a f'd up fantasy world - ten fold!! All I got to say is, good riddance!

BTW, the baby momma isn't the girl he had been having a texting/emotional affair with.

Thank you for thinking of me. Yes, I am ok with moving forward in my life and I have been steadily since he FINALLY decided to file in January. I still have a long way to go, but for me life is looking better and better each day. Take care!

tmlmtlrl replied to gd9900's response:
So good to hear you're doing well You even sound happier/ livelier in your posts.

And HA, sounds like karma will be following him around for awhile! Good riddance indeed.

gd9900 replied to tmlmtlrl's response:
Yeah, I'm happy to know I will sleep well at night...haha!

I don't mean to hijack this post, but about karma...I did get some good news today regarding the whole income tax deal. He kept draggin his feet until I received a notice of tax levy through my employer a few months ago. I was livid! Long story short, I chose to file the back years '09-'11 as married filing separate because there was a large sum of money owed from his business taxes. A small portion was mine from not paying in enough. I also chose to take the child credits due for years '09 & '10 - he agreed. I just heard from the accountant and for '09 I'm getting a $212 return! Much better than the $6K plus they had figured. '10 & '11 are still ahead and I expect I will end up owing a small amount - he on the other hand is going to end up with somewhere in the vicinity of $8K in back taxes. Poor baby.

It just keeps getting better...I just got a call on the auto/ho insurance policy which I had asked him several times to remove himself from. He couldn't make a simple phone call...so I ended up rewriting the Auto in my name, keeping the combined policy. I got a $124 check from the Ins co. and after two weeks of my agent tracking down what that was for, it ended up being a credit! My policy is now paid up until November and the money is mine free & clear!

An_247429 responded:
I have reconnected with grammar school, high school, adult friends and family. It has also given me the opportunity to 'meet' and make new friends from around the world that I never would have met under normal circumstances.

This is fantastic!

Lefty2121 replied to gd9900's response:
Awesome news!! Seems like things are looking better each and every day!! Count your blessings!! I will be rooting for you!! I hope to hear from many more happy stories from you!! Speaking of FB I am always looking to add new friends!

Lefty2121 responded:
Funny think about about this post just the other day an ex tried to friend me! I denied the request since we broke things off we did not stay friends after the break up no need to start now! We dated for 3 years in HS then he started working as a bouncer at a night club he met someone there that was ready to get married since he was leaving for the navy, was was a jr in HS and was not ready to get hitched just yet. So we broke up in 10/94 and he married the waitress on 12/03/94. From what I hear she has been cheating on him ever since!

gd9900 replied to Lefty2121's response:
Lefty thank you!

gd9900 replied to Lefty2121's response:
Lefty - Karma strikes again! You did the right thing...he's probably full of drama and looking for a shoulder to cry on. Well, looks like that ship has sailed - good for you!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.