Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Perfect Date Night?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
When you're in the first blush of your relationship you probably go out together a lot.

But, the longer a relationship lasts, the more "stuff" gets in the way of those great, romantic dates.

If it has been a while since you and your honey have had a real date, tell us what your perfect date night would include.

Then, we challenge you to set a date once a month and go have fun! (And yes, we're going to ask you to report back on it!)

Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

bpcookie responded:
hhhmmmm My perfect date night would be: Getting dressed up and going to our favorite restaurant. Then go out to the movies. Then at home light some candles in the bedroom and then......well.....Im not going into details, just use your imagination.

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
My honey and I have been married 8 years and together for 15. (We met in '97.) We don't get out as much as we did when we were dating mainly because our days when he's not working seem to be tied up with a constant round of doctor visits and now I'm in physical therapy again. But when we were dating one of the things we loved to do was drive to the Illinois border just for the heck of it in his old beat up car and listen to music or the radio. Gas was cheaper then and it was only about a two and half hour drive. We'd talk, and laugh and make plans about what we were going to do when I got out of college. Man, I miss those days. Seems like lately we just don't have the time or energy to go cruising. But that's what I liked about Matt. His spontaneity. I miss it.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Having kids makes it hard to go out as often as we'd like. Couple that with my parents already watching the kids twice a week, we feel guilty asking them to watch them on the weekends as well.

For me, a perfect date night would be going out to dinner at a place we've never been to (I love trying new places) then to either a bar or club for some live music.

heidimarie0323 responded:
If me and my fiance (who have been together for 5 years on Sunday, September 16th) my perfect date would be to get dressed up, go out to dinner and then go to the movies and watch a good movie.. The reason is we have never had an actual date. Though we have been together for 5 years we have never gotten the chance to go out on an actual date. With two kids, and not a whole lot of money, it makes it hard. But I hope that one day we will get the chance to have a real date. I would also like to after the movies find a nice place to lay a blanket out and just look at the stars.. Just him, me and the stars.. That would be a very romantic and perfect date for me. ~heidi marie~

skipmac responded:
Just had the perfect date with Wifey of 23 years. We had a night of good food, drink, and music at a local jazz and supper club. We try to get out at least once a week. Nothing to fancy. Sometimes it'll be just a movie and dinner at the local restaurant. In New York City you have a lot of choices. It's a lot easier now that the kids are older. But I need that time to de-stress from the day to day.

Lefty2121 responded:
Need help with suggestions on a tight budget please advised! My 6 year anniversay is tomorrow and do not have a lot of money to spend on a special gift or fancy date!

lovelyp1977 replied to Lefty2121's response:
Make dinner at home, maybe cook some of her favorite foods.
Then role play for dessert. Use strawberries,whipcream, choclate ect. You be the artist and let her be your canvas.

Escaspades responded:
Good question, Chris. When raising our children, we had no babysitter or parents closeby, so we would put the kids to bed early and have a nice candlelight dinner and then talk and dream about our future. Going out is not always all its cracked up to be. Planning just the right dinner was always so much fun and romantic because we would do it together, and then hubby would clean up in the morning. And you know what? All those plans came to fruition with us finally moving to our dream destination and building our dream home, and we are celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary today!. And about every 5th anniversary we planned a weekend trip away, and on our 25th we went on a cruise vacation, then about every other year after that - crusing is so relaxing and romantic, and we loved meeting new people.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Same thing here
My boyfriend use to hold me as we slept, now it is i have to hold him or he wants to hold hands. The intamcy is not like it use to be and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.