Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Dr phelps
candykissesaresweet posted:
I need to comment on wrote about commpasonite self awarness. I found it to be intresting as always. but it took me two times before i could finish it.It nis very hard to give my self that gift. in eigh days i will be fifty one, i have spent the last forty eight years of my life being miserable. i have wanted so much to be a betterperson Î hate this frozen fear i live with. it keeps me from going forward, well thank you for yourtime

friedeggs responded:
bump i have a new name

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
I'm glad that you found what I wrote helpful. I know you have been through a lot and struggle a lot in your life. All I can say is keep up the work. Stay in therapy. Keep talking openly with your therapist to keep the process moving forward. Learning to understand, love, and have compassion for yourself can help immensely. Feeling cared about - even if only by your therapist- can also help immensely. I wish you well.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.