Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Relationships and Coping Community (affairs)
capri59 posted:
I read all Dr. Becker's advice to the comments and I have to agree with all her advice.I've been in a 30 year relationship (married 28) with the same man.My husband has been cheating for 25 years I'd say and I always suspected but never had any proof until I finally learned to use my computer 12 years ago and then I learned & found out way too much information.Everything I thought was confirmed.He he is a serial liar and cheater and will deny everything even if the proof is right in front of him.I've come to the realization he has a serious problem and needs help.It's the only way that I can remain a friend to him.He now is involved with another married co-worker and I am moving forward in my life.We are separated,and I have consulted a lawyer.I only hope he gets some kind of help otherwise his behavior will never change.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
Thank you for your kind words. You must be going through a lot emotionally in this whole process. Is there any way that we can be a support to you or help you?

capri59 replied to Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD's response:
Thank You Dr. for your reply.I have been able to heal and move forward with the support of my family.I made the decision that I needed to get out of the relationship for my own good and start living life and having fun! I'm doing things for myself and taking better care of myself now.I've been considering joining a support group with women that have been in the same situation.My life had been too emotionally as well as physically draining and I no longer wanted that.By moving on,I'm certain I will have a better life.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD replied to capri59's response:
I wish you well in your journey to a better life!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.