Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
potential boyfriend turned business partner
clearyourmind2day posted:
I have a Male friend whom I was once pursuing a relationship with as we got to know each other we realized we would be much better as friends . We have known each other for almost 2 years and our conversation never involves anything inappropriate because we have decided to keep it as a friendship and nothing more. I am starting a new business and offered this friend a job how ever my boyfriend of 1 year is not happy with this decision ........ my boyfriend is not stable and has left the relationship 3 times within the year we have been together. The decision to hire my male friend was made when the boyfriend was gone away from the relationship for 3 weeks. During the 3 weeks there was no communication between us , now that we are back together he feels that I should not hire the friend because of our past situation. Boyfriend says NO but I say YES because the job was offered and taken while you were away so plans won't change now that he is back. If anyone has any comments or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

3point14 responded:
If your relationship with your friend is completely appropriate and platonic, what does it matter whether or not you were talking to your boyfriend? If you're just friends, it shouldn't matter what your relationship status is.

What are the contributing factors to your boyfriends' instability?Why do you guys keep breaking up? Is your boyfriend insecure in general? Why does he have a problem with this specific friend?

I sure as heck wouldn't want my BF insisting upon hiring some girl he dated and was "friends" with. If I was uncomfortable about any girl who my BF was friends with and he made her the priority by taking her side in a fight and not respecting my concerns, I'd leave him immediately.

fcl responded:
Your bf has absolutely no say in your business decisions unless he is your business partner too. You are free to hire whoever you consider to be the right person for the job.

This is none of my business but ... do you see this relationship lasting? A guy who walks out three times in a year is hardly stable. Starting a new business is stressful enough without a bf throwing a hissy fit about who you hire ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.