Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Who's had the biggest impact on you?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
A sibling? Your mother or father? A lover, a friend?

What relationship has had the biggest impact on you in your life?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

dfromspencer responded:
I would have to say, finding my first, and best, true friend. I never knew what being a true friend was, i had never had one. Then i met Joe. He showed me what being a true friend was.

Standing by me, when no one else would. Helping me, be it financial, or just lending an ear, or just being there. Never being judgemental. Understanding my chronic pain, when my own familiy does not. He never looked down on me for having to rely on s.s.i., or take advantage of help through the V.A..

Tho i've only known Joe for eight short years, he has stuck with me through thick, and thin. He has been more like a brother to me, than my own brother's. Joe has tought me how to be a true friend, and i thank him for that.

Joe does'nt have much time left. He is in the hospital again. He wants to come home, he does not want to die in a hospital. If nessasary, i will quit my job, and stay with him till he gets better, or dies. That is what our friendship means to me, we both give ourselves to this friendship. Totally, and with love.

As Chris's quote starts, "Life is too short"! My Bubba Joe, is only 58 years old, and he is leaving me. Eight short years! Thats all i get, eight short years. Not enough by a factor of ten!

Thank you, Chris. Dennis

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.