Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Who's had the biggest impact on you?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Who is the person or persons in your life that have had the biggest impact on how you think a relationship should be?

My relationship role model is...

It's something to think about.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

dfromspencer responded:
I would have to say, my grandparents. Partly, anyway. They showed me that long term relationships are possible. My parents, also. They showed me that love was more than just loving each other. That there was work involved. Unfortunately, their lack of communication drove them apart. Appearantly, i learned that lesson the hard way myself. Communication is key to long term relationships

I have a new relationship role model, President Obama. He has been married for twenty years, and he still call Michelle "Sweety". Now that, is wonderful!

Thanks, Chrissy. Great question! Dennis

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to dfromspencer's response:
Thank you Dennis!

Dennis I have to agree with you, the Obama's are a good example.

Thank you for sharing that and I'm so glad you had your grandparents as an influence!

Communication is everything, in any and all relationships, that much I know.

We live and learn.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

dfromspencer replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Chris, i could not have said that better myself. We do, we live and we learn.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.