Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Does your partner really "get" you?
Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD posted:
Only when your partner "gets" you can he or she truly love and be supportive of you. Otherwise your partner just loves and supports (or argues with) the person they think you are. This is a huge problem because the essence of a close relationship is loving your partner and feeling loved by him or her. And, it is also the reason that good listening is essential to any healthy relationship.

How is your communication with your partner? Do you feel that you really "get" each other? If not, where do things seem to go wrong for you? What do you find works in turning misunderstandings around?

3point14 responded:
He's the only person on this planet who gets me. <3

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.