Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
Do you live in the moment?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Or are you always thinking about the future?

It's alway good to plan but do you plan too much, or do you simply live in the moment?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

dfromspencer responded:
I always try to live in the moment. Except when the pain becomes unbearable. Then, i would rather live in unconsiouness. (LOL) Most of the time, i really try to enjoy my moments. Especially the pleasurable ones.

You're familliar with the saying, " stop and smell the roses"? We absolutely should! Not only for the smell, but for the vibrant colors, diferent textures. All the experiences we might miss, by rushing headlong through life.

There are things we have to plan ahead for, but for the most of my time, i try to ejoy my moments. Savour everything about those moments. Where i am, what is around me, the people there, or the setting, colors, smells. Just enjoying that moment.

We can't always sip our coffee, sometimes we have to gulp it down, and run. Life can be hectic at times. So, when the opportunity arrises, sip that coffee, smell those roses. You will not regret it in hindsight.

Live long, love well, all. Dennis

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
There is a healthy place for the past, present, and future in our lives. Living too much in any one of these time frames can cause problems; but, of course, finding a healthy balance is often difficult. One good way to figure out how you are doing with this is to pay attention to when you feel particularly happy or distressed -- what time frame are you living in then?

Reminiscing can bring joy. Understanding how the past has shaped the present can bring insight. Being truly in the moment and appreciating it often brings happiness. And planning for the future can help navigate a smoother course in life.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.