Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Helping each other be our best selves
Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD posted:
Dubbed the Michelangelo phenomenon in research on intimate partners, the attention you give loved ones can help shape them to be more like the person they'd like to be and can help them to feel better about themselves. This happens when you bring out the very qualities in your partner that they value most. (You can read more on how to do this in my blog on how to praise)

Has your partner or someone else done this for you? Have you seen others shine when you show that you value something about them that they also value? For this and more information please visit Dr. Becker-Phels Blog, here on The Art of Relationships.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.