Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Need sex - no boyfriend!
An_248995 posted:
I'm 58 y/o and single after breaking off a long-term relationship 4 years ago. Not having a sexual partner, or any partner, has not bothered me until recently. I now feel like I need sex - primarily for the physical aspect, but also I miss the closeness. Until I find another relationship, what is one to do??

Take the Poll

Should I have sex with my old boyfriend just for the physical release?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I wouldn't have sex with an old BF just for the physical release. Emotions might get involved (his or yours) and that would complicate matters.

StacyVaughn responded:
Going back to an ex isn't always a bad idea. But you BOTH have to ONLY want sex. I made the mistake of sleeping with an ex I had no desire to ever be with again, and he still wanted to be with me. It was a pain in the a-- to get him to stop calling and begging.
Otherwise, you can always try making a profile on a website geared towards meeting people to hook up with. There's a free one I had used that I believe is called "datehookup.com"

funny123 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I doubt that old feelings will pop up, I'm so over him. He cheated on me (twice) and to this day will not admit it even though I was able to show him proof. He's just such a liar, can never take any blame, etc. etc. But he is good in bed and right now that's what I need.

dfromspencer responded:
Buy a dildo! That is what you need. You don't want to give that guy anything! If he cheated on you, and denies it, is that what you will settle for? I say NO! Your need is simple, you just need release. You can get that yourself. Hands, anyone?

Just sayin!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

fcl replied to funny123's response:
If he cheated on you twice why would you lower yourself to have sex with him? Have you been checked out for STDs since you broke up?

I have had fun sex with men I wasn't in love with but I would NEVER have sex with a man that I despise... Raise your standards. The longer you wait, the better it will be with the man who deserves you.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

funny123 replied to fcl's response:
Well I never said that I despise him. We continued to have a relationship (somewhat) after he cheated. It wasn't until a few years later that I left him. However, DUE to his cheating and lying, I would never be interested in a relationship with him again. Anyway, you guys have opened my eyes.

StacyVaughn replied to funny123's response:
As much as I do agree with FCL, I also see were you're coming from. I've been there. Sure it was maybe "low" for me to return to an ex, but it was strictly for my own selfish need to fulfill my sexual desire. Sometimes it's easier (in some cases better) to sleep with someone you are already familiar/comfortable with, rather than having to connect with a stranger.
Definitely think it through awhile before taking action. You never know when something may fall in your lap!

therichardhorton replied to StacyVaughn's response:
Your story is exactly why going to an ex IS a bad idea. Look at it from his perspective and you are most certainly the villain of the story. Not cool.

funny123 responded:
Well it's been about 6 months since my initial post (above) and I still haven't slept with him! I guess I just bury my needs / feelings and get on with my life; however, I do feel as if I'm missing out on a very natural and needed part of being human.

rohvannyn replied to funny123's response:
I know it's rough to have principles when you also have human needs, as we all do. It comes down to priorities I guess... and I know that a battery powered boyfriend is no substitute for cuddles and human contact. I wish you the best of luck in finding somebody you can respect and who will treat you right.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

dfromspencer replied to funny123's response:
Wow, I feel for you! Its been 20 years for me, now. I have found a woman with whom I have some things in common, but where it will lead, I don't know? She seems a little standoffish, so i'm thinking its not going to go that far, bummer!

I have buried my feelings and needs for so long, its hard to get the swing back. But, i'm ready! I'm even willing to break my promise of no sex till i'm in love, thingy! However, I applaud your sense of right. You do not need him! Find someone with whom you have something in common, and let it go from there, like I am!

I've been on three dates with her, so far. She will be here tonight for dinner. Maybe a movie? Then, I am gong to make my move, I hope she don't get upset???

Wish me luck, all of you, my friends!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Lefty2121 replied to dfromspencer's response:
Good luck hope you get lucky!! Keep us posted!! If nothing else I just hope you have a great time with your new gal...

dfromspencer replied to Lefty2121's response:
Hi Lefty'

The date went well, she loved the dinner, skipped the movie. She grabbed my hand, and led me into my bedroom, it was fireworks from then on. She left at 4:30am, had to rush home and get ready for work.

She called me at 7:30 am, said she didn't think it would work out. I asked her what I did wrong, she says its not me, its her. What the hell does that mean??? She hung up on me. I can't even call her till she gets off work, about 4pm. The agony of waiting to find out something, anything as to why she feels this way??? She said she had a great time, then this. I am so confused right now???

I guess if she doesn't want a relationship, that's ok with me. I can at least thank her for breaking my pledge, right? I so enjoyed having sex after 20 years, it was amazing!!! Three hours of pure extasy!

Well, back to the waiting. Take care, i'll give an update soon.

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

An_251552 responded:
why wont you masturbate is not a bad option

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Relationships and Coping Community recommended resourcesExpert
About a month ago, I asked the community here to suggest resources for finding a therapist. They suggested: Psychology Today's therapist ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.