Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Interesting response to a so-called "good friend"????
Anon_11642 posted:
Hi - just find this an amusing response to a so-called "good" friend that I thought I had.

We used to walk together all the time outside but am finding the new fitness center we have does more for me. Anyway, since she walks still outside and I walk at the fitness center we don't see each other much.

I saw her today where she works and told her "Gee, we need to get together sometime since it's been a while." Her answer was something else. She said "When I get home, I'm tired and after getting dinner on I'm ready to go nowhere."

I understand where she is coming from but finding it kind of a rude remark. She had gone to see this author in person last week and she said she called me if I wanted to go but wasn't home but she never left a message or called again.

See, this kind of stuff turns me off - but am taking advice I got here on this web to accept her the way she is - and frankly, I don't care anymore. I'm not wasting my time with someone who has no time for me.

Anyway, for what it is worth that is the attitude I have for a good friend. Again, to have a friend you have to be a friend.

Anyway, who knows what will happen - will just let this slide and see. I decided to do what I like and not please others. She apparently is doing the same and says she doesn't mind walking in the cold. She doesn't want to spend $20 a month for the fitness center I know and that's fine. But if she wanted to maintain a relationship with me she would have said something different in my opinion.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there and see what others have to say. Thanks for listening.

dfromspencer responded:
I agree with you! If she puts nothing into this relationship, she should get nothing from this relationship. There are two sides to every coin. Perhaps, her little world is all she needs?

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

dating a married man?
He will never be yours, even if he does leave his wife for you. Your actions say nothing good about you. You will have a lot of explaining ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.