Skip to content

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Deal Breaker? Do I go?
Anon_166687 posted:
I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. We are both in our 30s. From the time I met him, I was very upfront that I would never wed nor have children. It isn't a maybe, it's a definite. He told me then that at one time he thought he would have marriage and a family, but learned he wanted to live his own life (he's a musician on the road now) and it wouldn't be fair to a child. I've always had this gut feeling that he wasn't positive he didn't want a family, and just recently that was confirmed for me. He told me in the middle of an argument that when we met he wanted kids and marriage but his mind changed after being with me. His mother just confided to me that he has in the past mentioned wanting kids. I'm wondering if it's time for me to go as I feel guilty that he is giving up something he truly wants for me. That's unfair, and in the long run, he'd resent me when he didn't have that family he realized to late he wanted. He's still away for a month, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how I handle this/talk to him when he's back/if it's over/etc.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Trust
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.