Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Being thankful
Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD posted:
With Thanksgiving in mind, it can be helpful to remember each and every day of your life to:

Pay attention to the good stuff in life

Reflect on the good stuff

Interpret experiences as part of the good stuff in life (keeping difficulties in perspective and seeing the good where you can)

And this week is a good time for us to take the time to share what we are thankful for. I'd like to start by saying that I'm thankful to be a part of this community; all of you are such a wonderful support for each other. I'm also thankful for the support and love of my family and friends.

Dr. Becker-Phelps's discussions and her responses in those discussions are for general educational purposes only. If you need help for an emotional or behavioral problem, please seek the assistance of a psychologist or other qualified mental health professional.

dfromspencer responded:
Hi Dr. Becker-Phelps

I'm with you on having this site, and the friends here. Family, and friends. My new best friend, Vicki. Without all of your help, and especially Vicki's, i don't think i could have made it past Joe's death? Thank you, all of you that helped me!!! I'm also thankful for what health i do have. The pain being managed as well as it can be.

Also, i am thankful for having a roof over my head, and food to eat. I am truely thankful that i can still get around by myself. I can go sopping on Black Friday, he he he. I am even thankful to people who tell the truth, even when it may hurt. Most of all, i am thankful for the women in this world, without them, we could not go on as a species. I love, and adore women!

Thank you soooo much Dr. Becker-Phelps, for all of the help you have given to me!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Dennis
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

love2lol2 replied to dfromspencer's response:
I too am thankful for this site. I am thankful I met you too Dennis. What would we do without others to help and encourage us through the most difficult times in our lives?!? You my dear were born to be a Best Friend, and I'm so very thankful you are mine! Who would have known I would meet the male version of me on this site? Such great things to be thankful for and I will never take one day for granted. Especially each day you are in my life.

I am thankful for my Family and that includes those dear Friends that have become part of my Family. I'm thankful even for my illnesses as if it weren't for them I wouldn't have been roaming around on this site and met all of you. I'm thankful I haven't been given any more than I can handle. I'm thankful for music as it soothes my soul. I am thankful for each day I awaken to.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Vicki

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Trust
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.