Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Can men be seeing a girl without being emotionally attached?
KLopez posted:
I was recently seeing a guy that has been my friend for over six years. After being his good friend for over five years we crossed the friend boundary and kissed. We hung out often for a few weeks and began hooking up. He was honest to me from the start and told me that he doesn't want a relationship because he is moving across the country. We still hung out every once in a while until he moved. We kept in touch and after that summer we would hook up every time he came home for the holidays and go out for breakfast. This went on for about 9 months. He would bring up marriage and tell me that he loved me. Although, he was still hanging out and sleeping with many other girls while he was away on the east coast. Knowing that we are not dating, I still fell too hard and got attached because of the serious conversations we would have. I am the type of girl who has a hard time just hooking up with people without caring about them. Therefore, I was constantly upset hearing about him with other girls that I had finally reached my breaking point and realized I need to move on. We are only 21 years old and I thought I could wait for him to grow up, but it got too hard for me. After all this time, I want to know if guys really can hang out and sleep with girls without being emotionally attached and caring about them?? I don't understand it.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.