Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Attention: The information provided in this forum is intended for educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for individual professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Includes Expert Content
LOVE LOST IN THE FIRE
hollaback posted:
How do you get it back? How do you get the LOVE you once had back? How do get the feelings back? How do you get tha feelings back of wanting him? Loving him? What do you do when you don't feel? When you have no bond, no closeness, no conversation, no nothing~

fcl responded:
Can you tell us a bit more?

Why did you lose your love for him? Did something happen or did you just drift apart? How long have you been together? Why do you want to be in love with him again? Wouldn't you rather leave him?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD responded:
For us to help, please give us more information. Let us know as more about what has gone wrong so that we can help you put it right.

Think of it this way, if your car isn't running and you want to fix it, you would need to know if there is no gas in the tank or no engine under the hood. Without this information, there's no way to fix it.

Hoping to hear more from you...

dfromspencer responded:
You could start by remembering what made you fall in love with him, in the first place. Build on that.
LIVE LONG, LOVE WELL!!!

rohvannyn responded:
This might seem like an odd question, but are you having trouble enjoying other things in your life too? Sometimes when I am depressed I have had trouble loving but at the same time I have had trouble enjoying anything else as well. I ask because you say "what do you do when yo9u don't feel?" Also, is there something missing in your relationship that you need?

If you keep a diary, you might want to reread old entries from when your love was new. One thing I've done when my feelings were waning is I've written a list of everything I like about my spouse. Once I wrote a letter thanking her for everything I appreciate about her, and gave it to her as a gift. She still has it hanging by her computer. That helped a lot.

A good thing to remember: your focus determines your reality. That's why making lists of positives helps. But keep your needs in mind, and if there is something not being met, think of ways of positively meeting that need. Just my two cents, good luck with everything.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Featuring Experts

Dr. Becker-Phelps is a well-respected psychologist, who is dedicated to helping people understand themselves and what they need to do to become emotio...More

Helpful Tips

Son not speaking to Mother
Here is my story: I am a single mother of three adult children. The oldest and youngest are female and my son falls in the middle. There ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.