Skip to content
I am so sick
renekym posted:
I found out I had RA in April of 2010. They 1st tried the methatreaye with me and that was awful. I have had 3 infusions of remicade. The 1st two went ok. The third time was bad. That was in Nov. 2010. I have had a cold on and off ever since. Now I am sooo sick I have been in bed for two weeks. My Doctor has been on vacation. I have tried so many over the counter medications it is crazy. This is my 1st time on this site. I am so sick. This is awful. Can anyone give me some advice. Flu like symtoms. Headache sinus problems runny nose you name it!

potterpot responded:
you must see your family doctor befor you end up in the hospital.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear renekym,

Doesn't your doctor have anyone covering his/her practice? If you call the office, usually a staff member or a phone service operator can either take your information, or can give you the number for the on-call doctor.

Otherwise, you may want to consider going to an urgent care or seeing another doctor like Potterpot suggested. Some medications for RA can weaken your immune system, so make sure to get checked out.

Hope you feel better soon,

Byroney

renekym replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you both for your reply. I did go to my RA doctor. He was more concercned about gettting me in for my next infusion. He said it was viral and thre was nothing I could do about it. He did nothing. I live in Houston Texas. Does anyone know of a good RA Doctor ? I think I need to change.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

jaw pain
I use massage, ice, heat, and pain meds if necessary. I find that when I'm busy consentrating at work, I tend to grind my teeth, which I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.