Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Memory Loss and RA?
appaloosalover posted:
Do any of you have memory problems since you have started on RA treatment ? I am on hydroxycloroquine and zoloft The predisone make me feel like I was losing my mind. could not spell or remember names I went off it , but I still have memory problems and never had them before. I will foreget addresses, names, where I put things etc.

potterpot responded:
I also have memory trouble,it scares me because my Mother in law has alzheimer's.I am not on anything right now, but I was on prednisone, methotrexate,arava,plaquenil and had to go off because of side affects.Now she Dr. wants to put me on Humarra,etc. It scares me! I have Atrial fib heart, fibro. back and neck herniation.spinal stenosis.and the meds. are not to good for other problems. I wish you lots of luck with RA

Lisa3kids responded:
Predisone can sometimes take quite a while to get out of your system. I heard like a year. I would ask your doctor. I have not heard of the others causing memory problems. I do take predisone and enbrel and a whole bunch of other medications for pain, I am only 37 and have severe memory problems but if I was to guess I would think it is the pedisone. Fibromyalgia can also cause memory problems and alot of people that have ra also have fibro. Good luck. Lisa

azkaren responded:
I was on methotrexate and remicade at the same time and couldn't follow my own thoughts. I would forget what I was thinking. I did think I was loosing my mind. I spoke of it to my husband but other than that just worried. Ididn't connect it with the medicines until I had been off both of them for almost a year. I have my wits back. I don't know which one was the problem, but I'm very relieved to only have my old age-type problems now.

knittingnana responded:
I AM ON PREDNISONE AND I CAN'T EMEMBER NAMES,INNFACT I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING.I HOPE TO BE OFF OF IT SOON,BUT UNTIL I DO I WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT.
KNITTINGNANA

amyjfox responded:
I have severe memory loss but I dont know if its from chemotherapy,hepatisis treatments or just having RA. The only thing they can treat me with is pain medication.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.