Memory Loss and RA?
appaloosalover posted:
Do any of you have memory problems since you have started on RA treatment ? I am on hydroxycloroquine and zoloft The predisone make me feel like I was losing my mind. could not spell or remember names I went off it , but I still have memory problems and never had them before. I will foreget addresses, names, where I put things etc.

potterpot responded:
I also have memory trouble,it scares me because my Mother in law has alzheimer's.I am not on anything right now, but I was on prednisone, methotrexate,arava,plaquenil and had to go off because of side affects.Now she Dr. wants to put me on Humarra,etc. It scares me! I have Atrial fib heart, fibro. back and neck herniation.spinal stenosis.and the meds. are not to good for other problems. I wish you lots of luck with RA

Lisa3kids responded:
Predisone can sometimes take quite a while to get out of your system. I heard like a year. I would ask your doctor. I have not heard of the others causing memory problems. I do take predisone and enbrel and a whole bunch of other medications for pain, I am only 37 and have severe memory problems but if I was to guess I would think it is the pedisone. Fibromyalgia can also cause memory problems and alot of people that have ra also have fibro. Good luck. Lisa

azkaren responded:
I was on methotrexate and remicade at the same time and couldn't follow my own thoughts. I would forget what I was thinking. I did think I was loosing my mind. I spoke of it to my husband but other than that just worried. Ididn't connect it with the medicines until I had been off both of them for almost a year. I have my wits back. I don't know which one was the problem, but I'm very relieved to only have my old age-type problems now.

knittingnana responded:
I AM ON PREDNISONE AND I CAN'T EMEMBER NAMES,INNFACT I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING.I HOPE TO BE OFF OF IT SOON,BUT UNTIL I DO I WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT.
KNITTINGNANA

amyjfox responded:
I have severe memory loss but I dont know if its from chemotherapy,hepatisis treatments or just having RA. The only thing they can treat me with is pain medication.