Skip to content
chat room
jackoula posted:
Can anyone tell me why there doesn't. seem to be a RA chat room, where people can meet up on line and actually discuss their problems. it seems like there are enough of us out there, and many are scared or worried over the changes in their life style.Sometimes it can be agonizing waiting to receive a reply, especially if you are newly diagnosed..I like the community forum as you can read many replies, but its not the same as having chat rooms where you can go at anytime and find some-one who understands you.. would love to hear from others who would like this.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear jackoula,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I found an area called Let's Talk RA on the Arthritis Foundation site (This is not a WebMD site and we cannot guarantee content). I don't know if it has what you're looking for, but perhaps it's a step in the right direction.

I would also encourage you to write us at this address and let them know you'd like an RA chat on WebMD: CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Best wishes,

Byroney

azkaren responded:
ABOUT.com has a great forum for RA. I've been part of it for about a year. There are all types of subjects. My favorite topic has suggestions for making everyday things easier to accomplish.

jackoula replied to azkaren's response:
thanks for the info, i will look into it, i just thought it would be nice to have a chat room on web md. i like this that you can post here but its not the same as having instant feedback.RA is quite scary in itself never mind all the meds we have to take and the depression we can feel, sometimes you just need someone when your down

pgrobben responded:
I was wondering the same thing myself!

keo1512 responded:
was diagnosed about a year ago and am still trying to stabilize. It is a really lonely situation and I don't know anyone who suffers from this. I completely agree with you. I would love to be able to login somewhere and discuss questions. Right now I need to consider new meds bc the ones I am on are not working. I would love some input. If you find any such place or create one, pls email me. keo1512@aol.com.

thanks

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to keo1512's response:
Hi Keo and welcome to WebMD,

While this is a message board and not a chat room (so the responses can take a bit of time), you can talk here in this community. Everyone here is dealing with RA and we have a great expert in Dr. Zashin for any questions you may have.

To start a new discussion hold your cursor over the orange Post Now button and choose 'Discussion' from the drop down menu which appears. Fill in the subject line and body of the message (you can ignore the poll part if you want) and Submit.

And then you can check back to see if others respond.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

1963jenn responded:
That would be a good idea!

swtc603 responded:
love one to

rm29303 replied to swtc603's response:
I would love to have a place where I could talk to people who are going through the same things I am, and maybe help someone else out along the way.

Judebobb responded:

That's what I'm thinking and struggling with, myself, tonight. I'm newly diagnosed and don't understand the weird things that are happening to me. my kids and my grandsons don't understand why I can't suddenly climb trees and play soccer anymore. and why is my right foot twice the size of my left one??? I'm scared and VERY confused...

newlife1970 responded:
I feel the same way as you do and I feel more depressed everyday. I just need someone to talk to that understands how I feel.

Debwa100 responded:
I would very much like to see a "live" chat room for patients with RA. There are many good forums such as this one. RAWarrior is also very good. But, I would like to be able to talk to people in real time. It would be so good to have some instant feedback when you are looking for a little support. I am a breast cancer survivor, and Breastcancer.org has a great open chat room, that I used often when I was going through that time. Very helpful.

floridaRA responded:
I have been avoiding meds. I was warned of the long term position I would be in...A wheel chair. I was dealing with everything barely until about a week ago I no longer could get my self out of my bed. I cry in pain quietly. I don't want this disease. Everyone is sick of hearing me say I'm in pain. I still try to say to myself it will go away. It's not RA. I was a do-er for everyone. My kids my husband. They don't get it. They say I complain all of the time. Well...that extra dirty dish or that extra step I have to take for them hurts me. I do it and I suffer quietly. I want to be myself again. I was active...fit. Im old and getting fatter. I have diabetes now. Are you kidding me? Who am I? This disease killed me even tho Im alive.

xperky replied to floridaRA's response:
You sound like me! I have finally started trying methotrexate, 8 weeks. No help yet. I am wishing for that reversal of symptoms.

Last week I saw my pcp. She asked how my energy level was on a scale of 0 to 10, where 10 was full of energy. I said 2. She seemed concerned.

Is there any medicine you can try that will work along with your diabetes? There has to be hope in your life. It sounds too hard if you had trouble getting yourself out of bed. Was it your wrists and hands? Or just about every joint? The mornings are the worst.

I don't like who I see in the mirror now. Is it really me? I've aged two decades in two years! I hope you are feeling better soon. And - maybe it finally is time to try a medicine.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Chang Shan
I have been talking Chang Shan for about two weeks and it has made a huge difference in my RA, I have severe infections and are unable to ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.