Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Enbrel vs. Humira
moolover posted:
Can I please have some feedback as to whether anyone is having success taking Enbrel, Humira or any other TNF inhibitors? Are you still taking methotrexate while on these medications? Thank you.

menudo7 responded:
I have taken Enbrel and am now on Remicade for the past 5 years. Enbrel worked at the beginning but for some reason after giving myself the injections once a week, I started to have issues with giving myself the injections so I just stopped. I found a new rheumatologist and he suggested I use Remicade. I noticed immediate results with the Remicade. At first I debated even taking it, as I read of all the concerns and possibilites with taking this type of medication. My rheumatoligist called me and we talked over my concerns and he advised me of what I may have to look forward without addressing my rheumatoid arthritis and then told me if I was to look at any drug warnings, even aspirin, I would be suprised. So I started the medication and can tell you now that I am not sorry. My rheumatoid arthritis, when diagnosed, was severe. I had to have the rings cut off my fingers as the sewlling had gotten so bad. I have not and cannot take the metholtrexate due to higher than normal liver counts, but I am thankful for the relief I get from the Remicade. There are chances with everything, just go to your appts regularly, get your bloodwork done regularly so it is monitored, and try to follow the advice of exercise and eating well. Best of luck in your decision of your care.

Lisa3kids responded:
I am on methotrexate and enbrel 2x a week I am still waiting to see if I have better results with swelling. I started off on methotrexate and humira and I thought it helped with pain but not enough that I was still having to take steroids with it. It has been about a year and I have to say that at least I am better than before I was on anything. I think everyone responds differently to each drug because each one works a little differently. Good Luck.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.