Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low grade RA
pamzd posted:
I overheard my Rheumatologist dictate that I have low grade RA, and I know that it was first discovered in just one hand, actually my index finger of right my hand; he called it a possible trigger finger. I had occupational therapy on it and now it just seems to be only a little stiff. I was diagnosed a year ago and every time I hurt in my joints I am wondering if I have another affected area. Its so hard for me to tell, because I've had a couple of injurys to my left arm in the last couple of years. One injury was from work, a partial rotator cuff tear, the other was from lifting too much weight, at least I think thats what happened, and it was diagnosed as tennis elbow. Right now my elbow of my left arm hurts at night on about every boney part that touches mattress. I have started taking a new medication for the night time pain called voltaren (2 a day, 75mg)and its seems to last most of the night. We had a very bad winter where I live this year, which I thought might be a possible reason for the new joint aches, but its just sooo confusing to me because when I feel any new syptoms I wonder if I should attribute it to RA. Right now I am having occupational therapy on my tennis elbow, but ya know... I am not sure I even remember injurying it, so there again I wonder if its just RA. Nothing shows on Xray. . .actually I have a new PCM and she said the Xray just showed some like some arthritis. Am I just being a baby? But I have pain every day. . .not all day but at night and in the morning. Any answers for me???

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Pamzd,

I would suggest seeking the opinion of another rheumatologist. Primary care doctors are not experts on RA or OA, and this article on Six Mistakes with RA mentions not seeing a rheumatologist as #1.

Whatever is causing your pain needs to be addressed. You deserve to feel better.

Write back and let us know how you're doing,

Byroney

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.