Skip to content
FLARE UP!!!!!
pamzd posted:
I am feeling a little bit better now, but I had my first TRUE flare up from my RA, it was like a blizzard came in for most of the day, then melted off by afternoon, what the heck?. I was first diagnosed last February, mainly in my left index finger. In the last two days it has attacked my left leg, both shoulders and my jaw, this is terrible, I lost sleep last night badly and could hardly open my mouth to eat today. I just visited my Rheumy yesterday and they have now started me on methotrexate, no side effect yet, but my pain today was 6-7. I called them back and they are going to give me a series of prednisone. Someone give me some positives. Any websites for good recipes for RA people? I am more confused now than I ever was.

Take the Poll

What foods should I stay away from?
  • read more
  • read more
  • read more
  • read more
  • read more
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Fighting RA
I see all the postings about using Prednosone. I just want to say be careful as this drug will raise your blood sugars expenatially. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful