Skip to content
FLARE UP!!!!!
pamzd posted:
I am feeling a little bit better now, but I had my first TRUE flare up from my RA, it was like a blizzard came in for most of the day, then melted off by afternoon, what the heck?. I was first diagnosed last February, mainly in my left index finger. In the last two days it has attacked my left leg, both shoulders and my jaw, this is terrible, I lost sleep last night badly and could hardly open my mouth to eat today. I just visited my Rheumy yesterday and they have now started me on methotrexate, no side effect yet, but my pain today was 6-7. I called them back and they are going to give me a series of prednisone. Someone give me some positives. Any websites for good recipes for RA people? I am more confused now than I ever was.

Take the Poll

What foods should I stay away from?
  • read more
  • read more
  • read more
  • read more
  • read more
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.