Skip to content
Xanthan gum bad food for me
dudleybowl posted:
What people need to learn about the side affects of the food they eat every day.
My story with food side affects it only took 30 years to find out what my doctor told me was wrong.
In my mid 20s I was having spells of fast heart beat, blurred vision, feeling weak, poor balance and, trembling limbs. This would happen about 2 hours after I ate food or drank pop and it would last for about 5 to 10 minutes.
I talked with my doctor & fasting blood sugar test were run. After poking about 7 holes in each arm I was told that I had hypoglycemia which means I over produce insulin that makes my blood sugar low. I changed my eating habits to 6 small meals a day, tried drinking diet pop and did not help. The spells just were part of my life. Quit drinking pop did help.
In my late 20s I started having other health problems sore joints, swollen ankles, night sweats, pinched nerves and a lot of pain. Over about 5 years I develop large bumps on my joints.
I went and saw 5 doctors the last one told me I had rheumatoid arthritis I was 35 at this point.
The doctor prescribed Vioxx, took 1 month of that and had sore stomach to go along with all of the other problems. Doctor told me there was nothing that could be done other than treat the pain and use steroids to calm down my immune system. I read up on the side affect of steroids for
RA treatment I did not take the steroids.
What I did do was started taking GNC maga man vitamins, fish oil and calcium with vitamin D over the next 2 years the bumps on my joints disappeared along with the swollen ankles the pain was not as bad. I would have flare ups could take Aleve for about 3 days to get better.
When I was 40 started working out 3 times a week. Made peanut butter, oat meal, whey protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. A lot of diary, hole grain bread and, farm fresh meat for super. I would have a snack of something that would digest slow 3 times a day. I got back in shape I felt good most of the time. I would have flare ups and could not work out some times. I am not saying you should follow this diet.
When I was 47 changed jobs move to a town with a Walmart just up the road. We were so busy I got away from my normal diet. All kinds of fast food within blocks of the home and work the spells I started having in my 20s started to happening more often. Night sweets, sore joints, just felt like I had the flu about ever week. New problems over the next 3 years all my problems progressively got worse. I could not do very much physical work because muscle would ache this would last for 2 or 3 days. I had pinched nerves in my neck and was not having very many good days.
I went and got a blood sugar meter starting testing my blood sugar when I would have the spells. My blood sugar was normal. So the spells were not being caused by low blood sugar as I was told in my 20s. Must have believed my doctor for 30 years when he was wrong.
One day some friends had gluten free brownies I ate 2 of them with in 2 hours I had a spell. All of the symptoms plus I felt like I had drank alcohol. The next morning I had a temp of 101.
I started to check what was in gluten free products. Gluten free product are full of Xanthan gum so I started looking at the food I had been eating and found that they put Xantha gum in all sorts of stuff. So I did a test I made sure that I did not eat this product for 18 days what do you know, I had no more bad spells no more night sweets. My arthritis has disappeared. I slipped up, I was at a friends house and ate a burrito. Two hours later I had a fast heart beat. I went and found the food package and it had Xanthan gum in it. The next morning I had a temp of 101 by the second day the temp was 102.6 it took me a week to heal up. I have ate at home for 3 month I am like a new man.
All of the pinched nerves have disappeared. There is so much stuff that has changed in the last
3 mouths for the better I have not felt this good sense I was in my 20s.
I can eat corn, wheat, soy with no side affects.
I wonder how many people are suffering with health problems and it is a food they are eating or like me it is a product that they are putting in our food.
Tip off for Xanthan gum reactions. I would say if you are going having a reaction from it would be if you drank 2 or 3 beers and you have a hangover in the morning. Or if you eat so called health food like gluten free foods and have night sweet, hot flashes, run a low grade fever after eating them. It can take up to 36 hours to show up.
My wife has had Xzema on her hands and feet for a long time she has quit eating Xanthan gum the Xzema is disappearing. My wife doesn't have all of the other side affects.
Watch out for health foods like dried fruit. The fruit is great and healty but if you read the labels and find Sulfur dioxide. They put sulfur dioxide in the fruit to keep the colors bright. That is all it is for. The sulfur dioxide causes tons of respiratory problems.
Dwight Housh
It is great to feel good.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dwight and welcome to the community! Please feel free to join our discussions and post more information.

This was a very interesting post and I think many of us will be researching xanthan gum.

Thanks,

Lainey
It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys. Emil Zatopek

dudleybowl responded:
Recovery from food additives

In the last year I have discovered that health is a balance of the immune system.
People with a good immune system that try's to fight off bacterial infection's, that eat
food's that are made with food Additive's like xanthan gum, MSG, aspartame and meat glue products are all fermented with bacteria.

When these products are eaten your body see's them as bacterial infection and try's to kill the bacteria. Your immune system goes wild it thinks that you have eaten food that has went bad and is full of bacteria.

Every body has had the flu or a cold the same process's that fight this type of infection. Start happing when you eat foods that are made with food additives. But, if you eat them every day, your immune system stays in over drive and that means you will develop autoimmune disorders. Most people have at least one autoimmune disorder and by the time you reach age 50 you are suffering from many more.

In the last year my family and some of our friends have started eating food that don't
Contain fermented additives. It was hard to do at first, but with a little time reading labels in the store, we soon figured out what products we can eat. When it come down to it if it is not caned or cured in salt water, dried to preserve it, frozen or fresh straight off of the farm we try to not eat it. I only drink coffee, water or milk.

The results of this has been very good, most of the people that have stuck with it have found a lot better health. It's is easer to have a smile on our faces when we feel good.

If you are trying to be health through life be careful on what you put in your mouth and you know all good things in moderation.

Dwight.

Oily skin and pores full of white gunk that I could squeeze out of my pores.
I had this condition as fare back as I can remember it turns out that my kidneys were inflamed and not removing waste products out of my body. My skin was allows very light in color and I would sun burn very ease. When I changed my diet now my skin tans and I do not sun burn so ease. Now if I squeeze the skin on my nose all that come out of my pores is clear liquid.

Also as I got older I develop skin tags, arthritis, lot's of pain swilling, sinus headache,
Stiff neck, bumps that suck off of my joints, thick skin on my hands feet elbow and knees, floaters in my eyes, pore balance, could not eat salty foods would make my ears ring so bad that I could hardly hear and make my lag swell, large vanes that stuck out on my lags, gas pain on left side of my belly, hemorrhoids that stayed swelled up and would
Bleed part of the time, the filling that some one was poking me with pins, shouting pains, tingling and numinous, muscle spasms, win my wife would touch me she sad that my body was humming, could only sleep about 4 hours a night would be hurting so bad I would have to get up and get moving. If I brush my teeth about 2 hours later people would say my breath smelled bad this happens if I use tooth paste with xanthan gum in it, life was hell.

When I figured out what was making me sick and changed my diet and my kidneys have started working and removing the waste product out of my body. My health problems have gone away. In the last year my skin tags started itching and then they fell off. My skin is no longer puffy, the thick skin on my hand, feet, knees and elbow has gone away, my hearing, balance, pain and muscle spasms have stopped the bumps that I had on my joint have went down, my hemorrhoids, large vanes on my lags have went down.
I can eat salty foods and it doesn't make my ears ring or make me swell up.

About the only think that has not gone away all the way is the tingling and numinous in my upper back and around my neck.

If I eat something that set off my ammine system this is what I go through.

About 2 hour's after I eat something I should not have eaten my heart start to beat
faster that normal, I feel like I have drank to much caffeine, I feel weak,
These septum stop after 5 to 10 minutes, then through the day I'd brake out in sweets then at night when I would sleep then I sweat all night, my ears ring, joints, hands, feet get stiff, mid back pain comes on after I have been sleeping for more that 6-7 hours. When I get up the pain gradually subsides and later on during the day it is almost gone.
I would describe the pain as a dull ache but the pain sharpens and gets worse when I twist my torso or flip from one side to another when I have been in bed for longer than 6-7 Hrs.
My urine turned clear this normal last for 3 days as this food go's through my intestine. Then when I got ride of it the sweats stop. Then during the night I would wake up with my side aching and I have to go pee my urine will be dark in color smells very strong, then over the next 2-3 days I will get to filling better and my urine get lighter in color.

I hope this info will help people that have been in pain like I was.
Life is a joy compared to what I whet through since I was in my 20,s. I am 51 and loving life.

Dwight

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.