Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How do You Cope with Fatigue
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
RA and fatigue can sometimes go hand in hand. Is this true for you? Is it constant or does it fluctuate for you?

How do you cope with it on a day to day, month to month basis and how has it impacted your life?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

jdhnay25 responded:
I've learned to finally listen to my body and take naps when needed.

sallymander66 responded:
I'm still working on learning my limits. naps are wonderful when my day allows for it. I'm also learning to delegate and let others do some of the things I used to handle myself. then I don't get myself to the point of exhaustion.

The fatigue is worse than the pain for me right now. I have to scale back some of my responsibilities, but deciding what to give up is tough.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to jdhnay25's response:
I'm glad you're able to nap to ease the fatigue, that it actually helps. :-) I've never been able to do that, no matter how tired.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to sallymander66's response:
Good for you for the delegating, Sallymander! It's been a hard lesson for me as well, one I'm still learning.

The thing about chronic pain and fatigue is that it really does make you figure out your priorities because everything you do has a price. I know it can be tough.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.