Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Psoriatic Arthritis
rablah posted:
I have yet to see my Rheumatologist, but through pics & descriptions I have developed this ugly psoriasis on my left foot & hand...along with my nails going black & then away. Anybody else having this problem? As if the RA isn't enough??

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Rablah and welcome here.

I hope that others share their experience with this and hope you get in to see your Rheumatologist (and perhaps a Dermatologist) soon.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

An_247999 responded:
Yes, it totally means you should get into see a Rheumatologist.
You are having symtoms on outside because arthuritis is flaring up on inside of your body....
You need a change in medications or adjustment of your
medications...
I have been through this for 35 years. The best thing I have done was to see Rheumatologist.
My son also has psoriasis, looked really bad on his body, until he seen the Rh. He has gotton regulated on medication that is great for his body, He is doing very well no more psoriasis.
Me, I take Humaria, which is a persons DNA, Embrel (Mouse DNA)..The Embrel I took for a while, but had breakouts on my tougue. So currently taking Humaria Every other Week.
Hope this helps you understand how important it is to see Rheumatology, let them help you.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.