Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
alternative treatments
pipercat05 posted:
I have been using astaxanthin 4mg x 2 a day and vit d3 - 1000mg x2aday and krill oil as well as all the prescribed meds.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks Pipercat.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
I just had a patient come see me who is on krill oil. I need to find out more about it. Does it hlep you? Have you had any side effects from it?

3collies replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
I think that a gluten free diet helps quite a bit. I certainly have more energy.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 3collies's response:
Hi 3collies,

I hope you'll share your experience on Dr. Zashin's new discussion:

Foods for Thought
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

pipercat05 replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
I believe Krill oil helps and the side effects I have had I believe come from other things I am taking ie astaxanthiin which I was taking 8 mg a day and was a little dizzy - read that it lowers bp and mine was in the 100/75 range so went to 4 mg and problem solved.

I also have heartburn which I attribute to all the meds - take zantac and digestive enzmes for it

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.