Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
alternative treatments
pipercat05 posted:
I have been using astaxanthin 4mg x 2 a day and vit d3 - 1000mg x2aday and krill oil as well as all the prescribed meds.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks Pipercat.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
I just had a patient come see me who is on krill oil. I need to find out more about it. Does it hlep you? Have you had any side effects from it?

3collies replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
I think that a gluten free diet helps quite a bit. I certainly have more energy.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 3collies's response:
Hi 3collies,

I hope you'll share your experience on Dr. Zashin's new discussion:

Foods for Thought
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

pipercat05 replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
I believe Krill oil helps and the side effects I have had I believe come from other things I am taking ie astaxanthiin which I was taking 8 mg a day and was a little dizzy - read that it lowers bp and mine was in the 100/75 range so went to 4 mg and problem solved.

I also have heartburn which I attribute to all the meds - take zantac and digestive enzmes for it

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful