sweating
baytan2 posted:
I currently take methotrexate, humira, folic acid for my RA. I am also on several meds for hypertension and a beta blocker. My question has to do with the methotrexate. I have severe sweating and flushing episodes where my face, neck and chest turn very red and sweat literally pours off me. My hair becomes drenched and drips sweat. I was wondering if I took the metho by injection other than by mouth if this may help with the sweating. My daughter is getting married this week and I would love to keep my makeup on until the ceremony is over if possible. Has anyone had any experience like this and does anything help? I would appreciate any info or tips that anyone has. Thanks.
Baytan2

midnightriley responded:
I am on the methotrexate, folic acid and prednisone. I have the sweats and fell flush, hot is more like it. I just turn the air down, it is a little embarrassing when you are a counselor and you are talking with your clientel.

DaisyDean responded:
I'm so glad that you posted this question! I've been saying to DH the past couple days that it seems so hot in the house. I go and check the thermostat thinking he has set the A/C to a higher temp. I just started on methotrexate this past week, and never thought that it might be the medication that is making me feel so hot. Wow....I'm thinking I might not like this since I live in the desert and it's too hot here anyway. Well, guess I'll look on the bright side. This may just be the excuse I need to convince DH that we MUST move back north. LOL Thanks for your post. I hope that you will feel better very soon.

bettie72 replied to midnightriley's response:
I am just on Plaqunil and sweat. My family doctor tested me and found that at 76 I am still in menopause! I just started taking oct
harmone's. I'll post if it helps.

midnightriley replied to bettie72's response:
WOW Bettie, what comfort to know this may last a life time LOL. I hope we all feel better, real soon. Good thing I talk to people and not type. Have a great day, everyone! I am so glad they keep fans at church. I would hate to use the cover of the hymnal to fan!

Menopause at my age! But the otc harmons seem to be helping.
I hope you get tested before starting these.

Yep my doctor is right. I just read in the Tyler Tex. paper
a doctor write's about different illness that people ask him.
He said it is not unusual for women to have menopause
into there 70"s! I just hate that I am one of them.
I started the OTC harmon last month and they have helped a lot.

midnightriley replied to bettie72's response:
I hope you are feeling better. I have had two Remicade tx. I felt great after the first one, not as much fatigue. Not so good after the second one but I went back to work. I didn't realize how much stress I have at work. The week vacation was great though. Still have my flashes,

My flashes and sweats have stopped! I'm on my second box of harmon its nice not to be hot and wet all the time.
I just hate having to take another pill.