Skip to content
If not RA, what is causing my Trigger Finger?
purplemoon0130 posted:
I was diagnosed with Trigger Finger. I was tested for RA, gout and diabetis and they were all negative. My doctor has no idea what is wrong and why I am having all the symptoms of RA. She told me if I "wanted" she could give me the meds to treat RA anyway. Hmm. She dianosed me with Fibromyalgia about a year ago. I have a lot of problems with tendon pain throughout my body especially in my hands, forarms, ankles, feet and knees. She also took x-rays that indicated moderate to severe scoliosis. My neck joints hardly have any cartlage left and is starting to pinch nerves that travel down to my fingers.
Back to the Trigger Finger. There are days that I have to pull my middle fingers to open them. What is causing all of this if all my test results come out negative? What else can cause what I'm experiencing? I'm a bit nervous that my doctor has no idea!!

Kaito1947 responded:
I'm not sure of your other problems but have been told that trigger finger can be caused by overuse. I just had a procedure done which took about 5 minutes and am now able to move my fingers freely. it's similar to open hand surgery but there's no visible cutting, just a small needle inserted through a pinhole. It's called Percutaneous Release and is virtually painless at least it was in my case. I was able to use my hand immediately and had no pain even after the freezing wore off. Ask you doctor about this. Good luck !!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

jaw pain
I use massage, ice, heat, and pain meds if necessary. I find that when I'm busy consentrating at work, I tend to grind my teeth, which I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.