Skip to content
Exercise and RA
sfonseca7 posted:

How important is it to exercise when you have RA?
If I am sedentary stiffens sets in. Activity brings on waves of tingly pain all over (mostly from the waist down).
When I push myself to be active one day the next day I can hardly move. I think maybe the answers to my questions are different for each person. Does anyone have thoughts on this subject?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Sfonseca and welcome to WebMD,

I'm sure others will be responding but, in the meantime, click on the following link:

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Exercise

It really is important and that page includes links to some tips on how to exercise with RA.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.