Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
questions once again
micbrewski posted:
I was just on facebook( RA chicks)Is there a new blood test for Ra now ?
My first Dr said my tests were negative for RA. Still don't have a Dx yet. I am not taking any Meds right now. Dealing with the pain day to day. I went for a second opinion he (Dr) said he knew my tests would come back negative but I have Ra. My Insurance would not pay out so I can not see him anymore. But any way getting back to my question is there a new test for Ra called anti-CCP and is it the same as the ANA of Rf factor? Is a better test to Dx? Still looking for answers. Thanks for you help, Roxann
micbrewski responded:
Is there anyone here any more??
singingbear responded:

I am still very new to the world of RA but I did run across this article. Might help answer your question.
Scott Zashin, MD responded:
CCP stands for Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide. Antibodies to this molecule are felt to be diagnostic of RA when present in moderate to high levels. This test may be positive when the RF is negative. While it is a much newer test than the RF, it has been around for almost 10 years. It is possible that patients with the presence of this antibody have a higher risk of developing more severe RA, but this is not confirmed and I have patients with this antibody who have mild disease.
micbrewski replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
Thank you for your reply.

Helpful Tips

Rheumatoid Arthritis infographic
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a debilitating condition that can cause inflammation and pain in the joints . In this infographic you will be ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.