Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Summer Plans
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Summer is right around the corner. What are your plans for the summer? What are some of your favorite memories? How has your RA changed how you enjoy your summer, if at all?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Cambo_0 responded:
I used to have a very active lifestyle, but since I found out I've got RA, no more surfing no more beach volleyball. Still love to swim and snorkel and free dive! Doesn't effect my joints. I found swimming to be an excellent alternative. I'm training to be able to hold my breath so I can go underwater deeper and/or longer. I suggest swimming or diving to everyone out there, with RA.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Cambo_0's response:
I'm glad you're able to still embrace the alternatives, Cambo! Sounds like you live in an area when you can indulge (most of) your passions.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.